Walking dead or game of thrones? | Syracusefan.com

Walking dead or game of thrones?

Pick!
As a good, God (and zombie) fearing American, I look at this from my American perspective, which I admit might be less than 100% objective.

That said, it seems to me that almost everyone in Game of Thrones was English and only about half the main characters in Walking Dead were English, so I will be a good American and go with The Walking Dead.

Special no credit whatsoever to the Harry Potter series of movies, since JKR banned any Americans from appearing in the movies. I also don't like the way she portrayed us muggles.

What a hater!

I have made it 10 min into the HP Books and 10 min into GOT before I gave up on both at least WD I have managed to stay with it..

It is crazy how many Eng people are on walking once you hear them in interviews..

Well, I've watched every episode of Walking Dead, and the spin off shows, and haven't ever watched a full episode of Thrones, so this is a pretty easy one for me.

I think they were both amazing in their hay day, but both got squirrely in later seasons.

WD -- once you get past the short season 1, the action level really ratchets up, and it is amazing for the next 5 or 6 seasons [through The Saviors] before it begins to go off the rails.

GoT was remarkable for the amazing period piece sets and CGI, in my opinion. Source content was best selling books -- so the series had great plots until they caught up and surpassed the author's published content, and then had to wing it.

Which type of genre individuals prefer will go a long way toward determining which series someone enjoys more, IMO.

Last edited:
Game of Thrones has the worst ending of all time

Walking Dead had 1 good episode

Pass on both

Game of Thrones seasons 1-6 are fantastic.

Walking Dead had a good run. Once The Saviors storyline ran its course It got far less interesting

Game of Thrones has the worst ending of all time

Walking Dead had 1 good episode

Pass on both
What was the one good episode?

I could never get into GoT. And I tried, I really tried.

I’m still watching TWD.

GoT was the best tv ever. Even with the letdown ending.

Walking Dead was good for a while, but petered out enough that I didn’t even bother watching the last two or three seasons. That’s the difference. GoT was 95% stunning and brilliant A+ material, and WD was 80% B+.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom