Warrick playing some good mins for Suns on TNT | Syracusefan.com

Warrick playing some good mins for Suns on TNT

I didn't see the game only the box score which looked decent. Clearly though Nash doesn't agree that Warrick "looked incredible" when he threw the second team under the bus in the post game. Specifically stating that the suns did not deserve to win as it was too much ask for the personnel on the floor.

Warrick had 12 pts, 5 boards, and 3 assts in 23 minutes...pretty good...

Nash had 14 pts, 4 boards, and 11 assts in 36 minutes...pretty good

I will take Warrick playing 1/3 less and contributing just fine to nearly all other players on Phoenix last night...

He looks incredible out there right now!

He had a nasty dunk off a penetration feed that conjured up images of some of the throw downs he had at SU.

Given Warrick's physique, I never thought he'd make it in the NBA. Glad to see that he has carved out a solid career as a journeyman / backup. Nothing wrong with that.

i would like to see him in chicago as a cj watson type of forwards. under thibs he could be pushed to play better d and also give them a scoring threat at the pf position.

I watched the game and for the first stint when Nash went out the Suns scored 8 points while he was out and Warrick was responsible for all of them. 3/3 from the field and had a nice assist to Lopez. The second run time for Warrick was half with the second unit and half with the starting unit. He played very well then too, although he forced the issue and actually made great moves to get to the basket but missed a couple short shots. Gentry actually put Warrick back in at the 3:30 mark of the 4th quarter so obviously the Head Coach liked how he played. All in all Warrick was one of the best players in the game last night and was much more effective against that gigantic Utah frontline than Gortat or Lopez. Good for Warrick, great game as they close out their season.

The cool part was all his good play resulted in nonstop talk about Cuse. I think they mentioned his Syracuse roots, Championship team, playing Carmelo like 10 times. They even went into the whole Julius Hodge/Hakim Warrick recruitment which was pretty cool.

I watched the game and for the first stint when Nash went out the Suns scored 8 points while he was out and Warrick was responsible for all of them. 3/3 from the field and had a nice assist to Lopez. The second run time for Warrick was half with the second unit and half with the starting unit. He played very well then too, although he forced the issue and actually made great moves to get to the basket but missed a couple short shots. Gentry actually put Warrick back in at the 3:30 mark of the 4th quarter so obviously the Head Coach liked how he played. All in all Warrick was one of the best players in the game last night and was much more effective against that gigantic Utah frontline than Gortat or Lopez. Good for Warrick, great game as they close out their season.

The cool part was all his good play resulted in nonstop talk about Cuse. I think they mentioned his Syracuse roots, Championship team, playing Carmelo like 10 times. They even went into the whole Julius Hodge/Hakim Warrick recruitment which was pretty cool.

Nice. Who were the broadcasters?

i would like to see him in chicago as a cj watson type of forwards. under thibs he could be pushed to play better d and also give them a scoring threat at the pf position.

Unfortunately, there is no room for guys like Warrick under Thibs. Hak is just way too passive and inactive on defense.

CJ Watson is a guard.

I am just glad to see him get a tiny chance to showcase - the Suns are clearly ready to dump Hak . . . he has only appeared in about half of their games this season and logged 9 DNPs in 14 April games. He still has enough left in his tank to be a bench scorer for a contender who has the other pieces to overcome his defensive shortcomings; I hope he gets moved in the offseason.

CJ Watson is a guard.

apologize as I was interrupted mid-post by a distraught employee... what I mean to expound upon a bit more was the role CJ watson plays. I am fully aware he is a guard, but he provides depth and offensive firepower off the bench. Warrick has a nice offensive arsenal but does not have the defensive prowess. If he were given the opportunity to be a 10-15 minute (DH) or Designated offense for a team like chicago he could be a really valuable asset. He is not a guy who can make a huge difference on a fringe playoff team. But a good defensive team where he can provide a boost in the scoring column off the bench might be worth it. I also might add that playing around good defensive players is contagious. You could make the argument Hak has not had that kind of atmosphere around him at Memphis or Phoenix.

Warrick is one of those odd players. Everywhere he leaves, the team magically gets better. Its obviously not just because of getting rid of Hak, but I am not sure any contending team (top 8 team in the league) would see him as a valuable rotation player. Hell, he was all but buried on the Suns bench until Channing Frye got hurt.

I am just glad to see him get a tiny chance to showcase - the Suns are clearly ready to dump Hak . . . he has only appeared in about half of their games this season and logged 9 DNPs in 14 April games. He still has enough left in his tank to be a bench scorer for a contender who has the other pieces to overcome his defensive shortcomings; I hope he gets moved in the offseason.
he could start for the bobcats!!

I watched the 3rd and 4th quarter, where he was in the game. Also not noted in the stats, is Hakim drew a lot of fouls from the Utah players which resulted in several of their players picking up 4th fouls. Phoenix was down 10 points when Hakim entered the game, and due to his play, they took the lead in the beginning of the 4th quarter. He was clearly the dominant player in the game while he was in. I think Nash is suffering from early dimentia if he could not see what Hakim contributed last night. Nash should retire while he is ahead. Soon will need to play wheelchair basketball to keep up!

I watched the 3rd and 4th quarter, where he was in the game. Also not noted in the stats, is Hakim drew a lot of fouls from the Utah players which resulted in several of their players picking up 4th fouls. Phoenix was down 10 points when Hakim entered the game, and due to his play, they took the lead in the beginning of the 4th quarter. He was clearly the dominant player in the game while he was in. I think Nash is suffering from early dimentia if he could not see what Hakim contributed last night. Nash should retire while he is ahead. Soon will need to play wheelchair basketball to keep up!

The Suns will likely be one of the worst teams in the NBA next season when he is gone unless they hit it big in FA or their mid first round draft pick.

The Suns will likely be one of the worst teams in the NBA next season when he is gone unless they hit it big in FA or their mid first round draft pick.
I expect that they will be more active in the trade market than the FA market . . . probably a wholesale turnover of their roster

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom