Was John White the running back recruit that got away? | Syracusefan.com

Was John White the running back recruit that got away?

OttoinGrotto

2020-21 Iggy Award Winner 3 Point Shooting %
I know what you're thinking - "John White, who?"

I live in Utah, recently adopted as PAC-12 country, and the Utes have a running back that has been ripping it up. His name is John White IV. They call him "The Wolfman." His numbers this season are ridiculous - 280 rushing attempts, 1377 yards, 4.9 ypc, and 14 TDs. After Utah's starting QB went down White became the focus of the offense and he hasn't disappointed. I think we could use that kind of production. At the very least, it would be an upgrade over Adonis "Thickburger" Amen-Moore.

What makes this interesting is that it has been reported several times that he was almost a Syracuse guy. No, really. Check it out - http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsutahsports/51010500-59/utah-calif-utes-6-1.html.csp

Does anybody have any info on this? Clearly he wouldn't have been a highly rated guy, but after a stint at community college he's got a good chance to be an all-conference performer.

xc84

Living Legend
I know what you're thinking - "John White, who?"

I live in Utah, recently adopted as PAC-12 country, and the Utes have a running back that has been ripping it up. His name is John White IV. They call him "The Wolfman." His numbers this season are ridiculous - 280 rushing attempts, 1377 yards, 4.9 ypc, and 14 TDs. After Utah's starting QB went down White became the focus of the offense and he hasn't disappointed. I think we could use that kind of production. At the very least, it would be an upgrade over Adonis "Thickburger" Amen-Moore.

What makes this interesting is that it has been reported several times that he was almost a Syracuse guy. No, really. Check it out - http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsutahsports/51010500-59/utah-calif-utes-6-1.html.csp

Does anybody have any info on this? Clearly he wouldn't have been a highly rated guy, but after a stint at community college he's got a good chance to be an all-conference performer.

a 4.9 ypc average in high school is not all that ridiculous...nor is 14 TDs.

OttoinGrotto

2020-21 Iggy Award Winner 3 Point Shooting %
a 4.9 ypc average in high school is not all that ridiculous...nor is 14 TDs.
4.9 yards and 14 TDs are his numbers as a player from an AQ conference. He's closing in on the most prolific rushing season in U of U history.

Plus, compared to the sludge that is this offense - those numbers look ridiculous.

cayugacuse

Walk On
4.9 yards and 14 TDs are his numbers as a player from an AQ conference. He's closing in on the most prolific rushing season in U of U history.

Plus, compared to the sludge that is this offense - those numbers look ridiculous.
I follow recruiting pretty closely but never heard of this kid. Nice find though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ACE64

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom