was the battle no-call the worst no-call ever? | Syracusefan.com

was the battle no-call the worst no-call ever?

Millhouse

Living Legend
I'm not saying it matters. All the youth league refs that are scarred from someone yelling at them can save it.

But I don't know that I've ever seen a worse call. How Battle and Boeheim didn't go nuclear...

In basketball or all sports?
Saints no-call on an obvious PI a couple of weeks ago was a worse no call.
Battle was hit on the wrist and the refs went 3 blind mice.

I lose track of the non-calls on Battle. I think his histrionics and mugging at the refs are costing him calls.

I'd have taken it a step further and punched the ref in the side of the head.

Half-serious.

But I agree, his silly act has earned him a reputation with refs. He's not getting anything.

I'm not saying it matters. All the youth league refs that are scarred from someone yelling at them can save it.

But I don't know that I've ever seen a worse call. How Battle and Boeheim didn't go nuclear...

Don't wanna be that guy, but I've never seen Boeheim calmer toward referees than he's been in the last three games. He's making his point known in a restrained way, but he hasn't pursued a ref into a timeout once that I've seen.

Half-serious.

But I agree, his silly act has earned him a reputation with refs. He's not getting anything.
Here’s hoping it’s only ACC refs.

Don't wanna be that guy, but I've never seen Boeheim calmer toward referees than he's been in the last three games. He's making his point known in a restrained way, but he hasn't pursued a ref into a timeout once that I've seen.

Kind of interesting about this. He's at the point in his career where he could likely get away being less restrained, but he's taken it in the opposite direction. I want to see him toss a coat at a ref at this point.

he knows how many idiots will talk about his lack of perspective after the accident if he loses it

Half-serious.

I have never seen a top player get less calls and more disrespect than Battle. I saw Battle try to quietly talk to a referee in a break right before he was taking out the ball right in front of me and watched the guy totally ignore him. Yet three times I saw Virginia’s Guy approach refs to talk and get their rapt attention, even sharing a laugh with one while he pointed downcourt where SU was on defense. Battle is a player who shows his frustration in his face even at himself during games but to be honest I probably was making some of the same faces he was every time he penetrated getting totally ridden and smacked around. I‘m actually impressed with the restraint he’s always shown despite getting such disrespect from referees and physical play from opponents.

I have never seen a top player get less calls and more disrespect than Battle. I saw Battle try to quietly talk to a referee in a break right before he was taking out the ball right in front of me and watched the guy totally ignore him. Yet three times I saw Virginia’s Guy approach refs to talk and get their rapt attention, even sharing a laugh with one while he pointed downcourt where SU was on defense. Battle is a player who shows his frustration in his face even at himself during games but to be honest I probably was making some of the same faces he was every time he penetrated getting totally ridden and smacked around. I‘m actually impressed with the restraint he’s always shown despite getting such disrespect from referees and physical play from opponents.

He's got a least one hand on him the whole game. Never gets a hand-checking call.

I don't think the whining does him any favors, but he's got reason to be frustrated. It's ridiculous.

He definitely chased down a ref during one of the timeouts last night. Red was running the huddle while JB was in the ref’s face in front of the scorer’s table.

I think it has to do with something that occurred off the court.

He definitely chased down a ref during one of the timeouts last night. Red was running the huddle while JB was in the ref’s face in front of the scorer’s table.

Interesting, I missed that one.

I think the no-call when Brissett got clobbered under the basket and was down for a couple minutes a couple of games ago was a big one. It contrasted to the 'flagrant foul' call on Brissett on this one when he hooked the guy with his arm and never got close to the face.

I was at the game and specifically went home to watch the replay on the Brissett flagrant call. The call was not on the swim move. He elbowed the UVA player in the face. The call was correct and could have been a Flagrant 1 or 2, whichever is worse. I kept watching until the MD block. I agree Battle gets hammered all the time. He needs to stop complaining. Overall the refs were OK equally bad for both teams. And I saw nobody wearing stripes make a 3-pointer.

I think the no-call when Brissett got clobbered under the basket and was down for a couple minutes a couple of games ago was a big one. It contrasted to the 'flagrant foul' call on Brissett on this one when he hooked the guy with his arm and never got close to the face.
the flagrant was before the hook with his arm. right before that he swung his elbow hard at the guy's head.

the flagrant was before the hook with his arm. right before that he swung his elbow hard at the guy's head.

They just explained that on the Manchild show. Manchild had watched the game on TV. Boy green was there, as I was. the replay at the Dome only showed the hook, not the elbow before that so everyone there was puzzled as how that could be flagrant. Manchild said that on TV, they showed the replay that showed the elbow.

Put me in the same camp as others re: battle foul calls. Don’t care if he’s top 5 in free throws or whatever it is. The guy simply does not get plenty of fouls called on people all over him. Pretty obvious to people who understand the game.

Man what are the odds that the worst no-call ever and the greatest performance by a college basketball team ever (per that other thread) would take place in the same game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom