Washington Huskies | Syracusefan.com

Washington Huskies

Cuseball

Starter
All I can say is that was brutal. Last two games have been beyond awful for them. For those arguing about last game when they coughed up huge lead perhaps they will now admit that the Huskies tournament chances are swirling down the drain. One of the seasons biggest disappointments.

Cuse

They have the best win in college basketball this year. Losing your starting PG is a killer, if they can right the ship they can stil l get a bid; but I’d rather be us than them this year, and looking at the roster for next year.

Last edited:
We have a better record. Shocking

Its stunning to watch how these 2 teams have changed course since the beginning of the season. opening night win over Baylor who is now #1. Cuse got hammered by Def NC UVA. UW now sinking like a stone in a weak Pac 12 with I believe 2 mock 1st rd picks in Stewart and Carter. Inexcusable really

Hopkins has some charisma to sign guys, but man he is struggling to finish games and get wins. Its the classic he can recruit but cant coach.

Contrast that with JB who has lost he recruiting touch at his advanced age, but man, he can scout and make adjustments for that 2nd matchup with teams that beat him previously, see his 3-0 record in rematches this year.

Its stunning to watch how these 2 teams have changed course since the beginning of the season. opening night win over Baylor who is now #1. Cuse got hammered by Def NC UVA. UW now sinking like a stone in a weak Pac 12 with I believe 2 mock 1st rd picks in Stewart and Carter. Inexcusable really

Hopkins has some charisma to sign guys, but man he is struggling to finish games and get wins. Its the classic he can recruit but cant coach.

Contrast that with JB who has lost he recruiting touch at his advanced age, but man, he can scout and make adjustments for that 2nd matchup with teams that beat him previously, see his 3-0 record in rematches this year.

You May be overlooking a pretty big variable in UWs slump.

They got 11 games left.
@ Colorado
Washington State x2
Arizona x 2
Arizona State x2
Stanford
Cal
@ USC
@ UCLA
To make the tournament they need to go 8-3 at worst. As 2-5 in conference would play would put them at 10-8 in a mediocre Pac-12.
I don’t see that happening.

You May be overlooking a pretty big variable in UWs slump.
True but give JB 2 potential first round picks and lose his PG, I like to think he could find a way to overcome it. JB basically lost his PG this year in Carey, thrusts in a Fr who I don't think the coaches planned on being the PG this year when they recruited and hes now sort of making chicken salad out of chicken bleep. Add in the fact hes slowly developing a backup HW and I have to give JB credit and cant not notice the stark contrast in the trajectory of these two teams.

True but give JB 2 potential first round picks and lose his PG, I like to think he could find a way to overcome it. JB basically lost his PG this year in Carey, thrusts in a Fr who I don't think the coaches planned on being the PG this year when they recruited and hes now sort of making chicken salad out of chicken bleep. Add in the fact hes slowly developing a backup HW and I have to give JB credit and cant not notice the stark contrast in the trajectory of these two teams.

Jaden McDaniels may be a projected as a first round pick but he is not good at college basketball. It’s a one man team at this point.

BTW I recall a team with two first round picks blowing a ten point lead to Pitt at home and getting swept by Umass.

Young team that hasn't yet learned how to finish. Sounds very familiar to us pre win streak.
Difference is they had higher expectations and aspirations for this season than SU. 3 McDonalds AA in that lineup (2 now that Qade is ineligible). I'm guessing the same people who continuously moan about JB's recruiting would be out with pitchforks if SU was underperforming at the same level as UW. It's a shame too because IW is a real talent and I'm assuming he will be in the NBA next year.

Some people here are taking real joy in their collapse which seems odd as Hop is still a SU guy. I'm guessing it's because the couple posters here who completely fawn over UW and Hop while taking cheap shots at Boeheim and SU.

Difference is they had higher expectations and aspirations for this season than SU. 3 McDonalds AA in that lineup (2 now that Qade is ineligible). I'm guessing the same people who continuously moan about JB's recruiting would be out with pitchforks if SU was underperforming at the same level as UW. It's a shame too because IW is a real talent and I'm assuming he will be in the NBA next year.

Some people here are taking real joy in their collapse which seems odd as Hop is still a SU guy. I'm guessing it's because the couple posters here who completely fawn over UW and Hop while taking cheap shots at Boeheim and SU.

Yes your last paragraph nailed it imho. Love Hop - it's almost impossible not to with his personality and how much he gave to SU. But it got a bit tiresome reading about how great the Washington job is compared to ours and how great the Pac 12 is

I'm old enough to remember when they used to say that JB can recruit but can't coach.

Exactly right with last paragraph. I love Hop and he is Cuse through and through. Passionate, energetic and loyal. Rooting for him to do well and would love to see him consideration when Jimmy’s time is done. However, really annoying when we struggled out of the gate and Washington off to good start and we had the few anti JB folks bashing us and touting Hop. This coaching thing is not as easy as it seems and there is a reason JB is Hall of Famer. So still rooting for Hop but not unhappy that their tanking has quieted some folks.

Cuse!

Again just want to point out that the 2008 team had three McDonalds All Americans and still went to the NIT and found a way to lose at home to Umass twice. And JB is still in the HOF.
2008 Big East had 6 top 25 teams.
We finished 1 game short of the tournament. If Georgia doesn’t do a stupid run in the SEC tournament we get in after losing a winner gets in game to Villanova at the BET.

Not even close to the same. Plus if the 2008 braceket had 4 more spots like now we make it.

2008 Big East had 6 top 25 teams.
We finished 1 game short of the tournament. If Georgia doesn’t do a stupid run in the SEC tournament we get in after losing a winner gets in game to Villanova at the BET.

Not even close to the same. Plus if the 2008 braceket had 4 more spots like now we make it.

So if it was a 68 team field in 2008 and Georgia doesn’t go on a miracle run and we beat Nova then that team with all those McDonalds All Americans gets into the tournament as a last four in.
Totally different imo.

Again just want to point out that the 2008 team had three McDonalds All Americans and still went to the NIT and found a way to lose at home to Umass twice. And JB is still in the HOF.

Things turned out pretty well after that year. That team should have gotten to the tournament. Getting blown out by Nova in the BET killed us.

So if it was a 68 team field in 2008 and Georgia doesn’t go on a miracle run and we beat Nova then that team with all those McDonalds All Americans gets into the tournament as a last four in.
Totally different imo.
Um no.
It was a 65 team field in 2008. We make the tournament if it was 68 team field like now. Georgia took an automatic bid in the SEC tournament. If they don't do that we were the first team out. We make it.

Also the 2008 Big East >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2019 Pac-12.

Our 2008 team was young playing in a monster league. This Pac-12 now sucks big time compared to that. It's not even close.

You can’t really use the conference as a crutch when you lose to URI and Umass OOC. Maybe you’re just not good.

Last edited:

I’m just tired of the Washington fanboys on here gushing over them when they win in a weak conference. I’m glad to see them struggle a bit

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom