Wasn't Funderburke supposed to announce yesterday? | Syracusefan.com

Wasn't Funderburke supposed to announce yesterday?

Some one does? Calling Bonoro!

I haven't heard a thing. Not being up there right now kind of cuts off most of my information. Will try and get an update.

Originally the hold up for announcing was because he wanted to make sure everything was good as far as getting accepted into the school. Him having an announcing date of 5/20 boded well for us because I believe summer session 1 started today 5/21 and he'd start now. Him holding off announcing with first summer session starting doesn't sound like good news for us currently, but who knows hopefully everything gets worked out soon if that is the potential problem. Just guessing though so could be a lot of things.

Isn't there a way to look and see if he is a student?
I didn't see him in the student directory this evening when I looked, but I'm not sure how soon it gets updated. None of the Juco guys or even Mike Gbinije was listed either and I'd assume all of them would be starting this first session.

Any updates here? I thought this was to be our biggest recruit in 10 years from reading the board.

Garcia had an article up on sunday that said "Funderburk will maintain his silence to the media. No reason given..."

Garcia had an article up on sunday that said "Funderburk will maintain his silence to the media. No reason given..."

Weird indeed. If anything that makes me think he's still headed to the 'Cuse though. Seems in line with the Marrone approach.

Or something is held up with admissions and he and his mother don't want to have to answer questions. Not sure why it's Marrone's approach. :rolleyes:

Or something is held up with admissions and he and his mother don't want to have to answer questions. Not sure why it's Marrone's approach. :rolleyes:
Is it a potentially big obstacle BJ?

Technically, since he has to red-shirt this year anyway, does he have to do summer start?

Just a thought as we've been hearing about 'silent' commits all spring. Also, Wayne Williams talked about not wanting to step on SU's toes. Kids are just choosing to be silent? Really just a guess though. Probably makes more sense there are NCAA/academic reasons and not Marrone's preference.

Shouldn't he be in the student directory if he is taking summer classes and is registered?

why does it seem every kid Syracuse tries to bring in (non-traditionally) is a huge obstacle / challenge in comparison to other schools?

not just football ... it is crazy

This

There is no "Quinta Funderburke" in the directory as of today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom