Watch Party | Syracusefan.com

Watch Party

I hope our young guys learned some things tonight. Everybody is doing pretty well today.
Yeah. Big message was we>me. Nobody looking to the future. Everybody was there to win as a team. Nothing else mattered

They made some huge plays. They both missed a few around the basket that might have made it an 8-10 point game.
Yup. That wasn’t one of Pace’s better games in that regard, but he was huge in several games in the tournament. Loved watching that guy for all 4 years though, one of my personal favorite Orangemen ever. Just a pleasure to watch and root for.

Absolutely loved Edelin’s game when he was at his best, and while it’s unfortunate that he didn’t become one of the best SU PG’s as he could’ve, there’s no way we win it all without him. He brought so much to that team.

That was awesome! Melo message at the end to the current team made me want to run through a brick wall. And for all those down on our program, this is the reason why you don’t just throw 47 years in the trash. You could hear and see the love they all have for coach. And I am sure there are many many more who one day will talk about the impact he has had on them too.

They made some huge plays. They both missed a few around the basket that might have made it an 8-10 point game.

The first half established that Kansas had to guard Melo and Gerry and that opened things up for Josh and Billy inside.

One thing was obvious watching the replay of that game. The defense was not forced to cover nearly as much ground as today. I forgot how limited Kansas was from the perimeter.

If our 2003 team played Duke, Clemson, Pitt and Georgia Tech, would that have been bombed out of the game from the outside the way the current team was?

If our 2003 team played Duke, Clemson, Pitt and Georgia Tech, would that have been bombed out of the game from the outside the way the current team was?
The zone plays entirely different today. Our offense was so much better in 2003 it might not have mattered.

Yes moreso than we were back then, but we also would’ve scored a lot easier too. Melo and Hak would have an even easier time now.

One thing I would have added at the end, (and for the life of me I cannot find at this moment) is that shot of the Boeheim family watching the first playing of "One Shining Moment" in 2003. (Does anybody have that?)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom