Watch West Virginia next year and let’s how SU and WVU bounce back. It will be telling. | Syracusefan.com

Watch West Virginia next year and let’s how SU and WVU bounce back. It will be telling.

Alsacs

Living Legend
Syracuse and West Virginia went 16-17 this season.
Both have HOF coaches.
WVU had losing seasons in 2013 and 2019 and bounced back both teams.
They have been to 3 Sweet 16s since 2015.

I will watch to see which team gets back in the top 25 first.

Huggins will make changes.

Both have HOF coaches.

tough to praise Huggy over Jb when he has had 3 losing seasons to JB's 1. By the way, over that same time, we went to 2 sweet 16's and a final four. We also beat West Virginia to get to a sweet 16.

I'll contend they both need to retire and both are unlikely to turn their programs around.
I'll agree with half of that. I don't know near enough about West Virginia to make a judgment there.

tough to praise Huggy over Jb when he has had 3 losing seasons to JB's 1. By the way, over that same time, we went to 2 sweet 16's and a final four. We also beat West Virginia to get to a sweet 16.
...is there praising in what he said?

West Virginia will have a better record in a better league next year. And that's devastatingly sad because overall as good a coach as Huggy is he doesnt hold a candle to JB. It's also sad that we thought we were joining a killer hoops conference but the B12 was WAY better this year, and while we will close gap as a conference next year, they will still be better.

Both have HOF coaches.

Hopefully, Huggins changes to a light beer for health reasons.

Hopefully, Huggins changes to a light beer for health reasons.
No kidding. That guy is really overweight and doesn't look great.

Off topic but the reason the ACC is down is because SU is not carrying their weight, along with Louisville and UNC not being a top 10 team for 3 or 4 years now and UVA declining since their title.

Add Pitt who was great from 00-12 becoming a bottom feeder too.

The league will be perceived better if UNC, SU and Louisville get back to the levels they should be.

Its the same thing in Football with Miami, Vtech and FSU not being what they once were too.

Great quote from Huggins on the postgame show, "Worst thing in Athletics is getting comfortable. You get comfortable, your just waiting for somebody to knock you off."

JBs moves this offseason will be very telling to me how comfortable he is.

Off topic but the reason the ACC is down is because SU is not carrying their weight, along with Louisville and UNC not being a top 10 team for 3 or 4 years now and UVA declining since their title.

Add Pitt who was great from 00-12 becoming a bottom feeder too.

The league will be perceived better if UNC, SU and Louisville get back to the levels they should be.

Its the same thing in Football with Miami, Vtech and FSU not being what they once were too.
I have been wondering how UNC and Duke will fair by going with alumni as rookie head coaches. Sure they have been on the bench at their respective teams for awhile but moving to the end chair is different. Which will lead/keep their team at/near the top. Davis isn't off to a bad start, how will Scheyer do next year with the recruiting class K has left him. How does it reflect on what SU will do when JB steps down.

PS, did you catch Kenny Smith saying that Tom Brady should give Coach a call?

West Virginia will have a better record in a better league next year. And that's devastatingly sad because overall as good a coach as Huggy is he doesnt hold a candle to JB. It's also sad that we thought we were joining a killer hoops conference but the B12 was WAY better this year, and while we will close gap as a conference next year, they will still be better.
Who cares about league duck measuring? If our team is good enough the rest takes care of itself. we haven’t been good enough.

Great quote from Huggins on the postgame show, "Worst thing in Athletics is getting comfortable. You get comfortable, your just waiting for somebody to knock you off."

Yup. Somebody sure lit a fire under Dino.

Right, and thats the thing. They told Dino you need to make changes and get improvement or its your job.

JW needed to tell JB that years ago, to make some changes to his staff. Hasnt happened, probably wont happen.

The reason they told Dino that is he has no track record of success. One good year and the rest losing seasons. Totally different situation than basketball.

Who cares about league duck measuring? If our team is good enough the rest takes care of itself. we haven’t been good enough.

The Big East had 4 NCAA selections in 2003. Didn't seem to hurt us then that the league was bad.

Most of our concerns, in one form or another, are about JB being way too comfortable and untouchable. I don’t expect anything to change.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom