Watching Quincy G playing for Oregon right now... | Syracusefan.com

Watching Quincy G playing for Oregon right now...

Ceerqqq

Scout Team
He's playing well, but surprise of surprises, he's playing center in the middle of Oregon's zone.

I wonder if he would have thought better of transferring if Boeheim had promised him he could play center in Marek's place this year?

tv show what GIF by The Daily Show with Trevor Noah

Taller line up now...he's moved over to PF in their zone...on offense he's spending a lot of time on the perimeter, still missing threes...

I think he made a good decision for himself. Their system seems to be more accommodating to his desires...

Last edited:
He's playing well, but surprise of surprises, he's playing center in the middle of Oregon's zone.

I wonder if he would have thought better of transferring if Boeheim had promised him he could play center in Marek's place this year?

Taller line up now...he's moved over to PF in their zone...on offense he's spending a lot of time on the perimeter, still missing threes...
All 1 of them?

I think he made a good decision for himself. Their system seems to be more accommodating to his desires...
I said he might... key word might be playing for himself and some poster got sensitive
its an observation that might come true when you dont listen to the HOF coach who tells you where your strengths are and whats to the benefit of the team
please tell me his stat line...

I said he might... key word might be playing for himself and some poster got sensitive
its an observation that might come true when you dont listen to the HOF coach who tells you where your strengths are and whats to the benefit of the team
please tell me his stat line...
Google

its early but seems like hes doing there what he did here, except he had a nice 4 or 5 games for us last year. Hopefully, for his sake, he has more of those but fact is, hes just not an NBA player. Just like tony soprano wasnt a varsity athlete. No shame in it.

51 shot attempts in the season, 30 of them are from 3, and he’s shooting them at a 24% clip.

If that was the Quincy we were getting this year, no thanks. On our current team, he should shoot exactly “0” threes.

So, you're assuming that he didn't "listen" to the HOF coach who knows all? I think we already know the fallacy in that assumption. Maybe the HOF coach should do some listening too at times. I think it's simple. If Q stayed and continued as Jim wanted, he would not sniff the nba. He wanted to take a chance to be utilized in a different way that might lead him to the nba. That probably won't happen, but was really his only chance. Not sure I see any issue with that (on either side).

So, you're assuming that he didn't "listen" to the HOF coach who knows all? I think we already know the fallacy in that assumption. Maybe the HOF coach should do some listening too at times. I think it's simple. If Q stayed and continued as Jim wanted, he would not sniff the nba. He wanted to take a chance to be utilized in a different way that might lead him to the nba. That probably won't happen, but was really his only chance. Not sure I see any issue with that (on either side).
Disagree about 100000000%.

The whole “I gotta showcase my game” idea is a fallacy. Scout aren’t dumb. If you can shoot or not, scouts will know…and you will get drafted based on their opinion of your skills. They will work you out, see you at portsmith etc.

The NBA drafts you on what they think you can be….not what you’ve done.

All Q has done is confirm what JB knew….kid can’t shoot.

Disagree about 100000000%.

The whole “I gotta showcase my game” idea is a fallacy. Scout aren’t dumb. If you can shoot or not, scouts will know…and you will get drafted based on their opinion of your skills. They will work you out, see you at portsmith etc.

The NBA drafts you on what they think you can be….not what you’ve done.

All Q has done is confirm what JB knew….kid can’t shoot.
Jake, I respect your opinion on this board, but come on with the 1 and a bunch of zeroes. I'm not saying that Q was right. That wasn't my point. What I was trying to communicate was that if Q were to have continued to play the role that Jim wanted, no way would he be in position for the nba. No way, and everyone here knows that. Therefore, why shouldn't he try something different that allows him a better opportunity - even if that means he won't deliver?

Quincy has exactly a zero percent chance of making the NBA. He’s an undersized power forward who can’t shoot, dribble or finish around the rim. He’ll make a living overseas…………many Syracuse fans tend to overvalue our players as far as the NBA goes and undervalue Jim Boeheim as an in game coach.

Quincy has exactly a zero percent chance of making the NBA. He’s an undersized power forward who can’t shoot, dribble or finish around the rim. He’ll make a living overseas…………many Syracuse fans tend to overvalue our players as far as the NBA goes and undervalue Jim Boeheim as an in game coach.
You're making my point. Instead of continuing to show he can't do all these things, why not take a gamble on a different situation? What else does he have to lose? It's not like a player has never proven people wrong, good lord.

Well let me put it to you this way, in life, would your rather play and exemplify your strengths or get exposed showing your weaknesses?

Well let me put it to you this way, in life, would your rather play and exemplify your strengths or get exposed showing your weaknesses?
Again, you couldn't be missing the point more even if you tried. Go back and read. Jeezus. HE ASPIRES TO PLAY IN THE NBA. SO WHY NOT TAKE A SWING EVEN IF IT MEANS A MISS? It is clear to the majority of us (even you), that he wasn't going to get drafted. Therefore, why not try something different?

Again, you couldn't be missing the point more even if you tried. Go back and read. Jeezus. HE ASPIRES TO PLAY IN THE NBA. SO WHY NOT TAKE A SWING EVEN IF IT MEANS A MISS? I agree with many here that no matter what, he probably wouldn't get drafted, but not try something different rather than succumb to that notion.
No, because you make it to the next level in sports or life by being real good at what you do best, not trying to be something you are not... but carry on

No, because you make it to the next level in sports or life by being real good at what you do best, not trying to be something you are not... but carry on
THAT'S THE POINT. He clearly thought he wasn't being utilized in a way that showcased what he could/might be able to do. Who are you to say otherwise? I don't think anything that Q did or does would get him drafted, but just to take a sweeping comment like that is ridiculous and irresponsible. Also, just humor me... who are you exactly to say what Q could be or could not be? I'd love to hear that one.

Again, you couldn't be missing the point more even if you tried. Go back and read. Jeezus. HE ASPIRES TO PLAY IN THE NBA. SO WHY NOT TAKE A SWING EVEN IF IT MEANS A MISS? It is clear to the majority of us (even you), that he wasn't going to get drafted. Therefore, why not try something different?
Fake it til ya make it

If there was a forward I would have liked back it would have been Braswell. He would have been a perfect role player for this team by immediately upgrading the defense and provide solid spot up shooting. He would have had an opportunity here for big minutes as the third forward. I could have seen JB starting Swider and pulling him for Braswell as soon as Swider made a mistake.

You're making my point. Instead of continuing to show he can't do all these things, why not take a gamble on a different situation? What else does he have to lose? It's not like a player has never proven people wrong, good lord.
Good lord, he has ZERO chance at either place. Receive a good education at Syracuse and go play overseas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom