Wayne Williams | Syracusefan.com

Wayne Williams

oldpinepoint

All American
Love this guy-

"I'm a three-technique. If you get me a one-on-one every play, I guarantee I'm gonna win," Wayne Williams said in a telephone interview Monday afternoon. "And if you stuff me in the nose (tackle), I guarantee there's gonna be no penetration. So the O-line is really screwed because they're gonna be stopped at the line."

Doubt he said screwed but we get the picture

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf/2013/06/syracuse_football_recruit_wayn.html

Still can play the perimeter in BB? With a kid that big? If he's as strong as he is big and fast, it's going to translate into a lot of trouble for opposing offenses. I love it!

Still can play the perimeter in BB? With a kid that big? If he's as strong as he is big and fast, it's going to translate into a lot of trouble for opposing offenses. I love it!
I dunno... Seems like his confidence could really hold him back #hardnosed

Said Williams: "I'm a different type of beast. When you look at me, you probably think I'm just a big guy who can stop the run. I love sacks. That's what I get. When you double team, I still break through your double team with the power. I'm a gameplan changer because you have to change the gameplan with me on the field. You have to."

I dunno... Seems like his confidence could really hold him back #hardnosed

Said Williams: "I'm a different type of beast. When you look at me, you probably think I'm just a big guy who can stop the run. I love sacks. That's what I get. When you double team, I still break through your double team with the power. I'm a gameplan changer because you have to change the gameplan with me on the field. You have to."

#swaggercuse

I like his bravado but he's still never played big-time college football. We'll see what happens against Penn State.

I like his bravado but he's still never played big-time college football. We'll see what happens against Penn State.

I love the fact that one of his primary goals is just that: to beat Penn State. Can't argue with that kind of logic!

you and yours are his fuel.

dont stop, dont ever stop

#newfavCUSEplayer

So in the it's a small world catagory today:

One of my friends/co workers played against Wayne Williams when he was at ASA I just learned after sending him that article. My buddy is about 6'0 played gaurd @ 315lb and is/was a weight room junkie and here's his impressions of WW. Here's our inter office message convo, apologies for format.

Him:
well he is right.. 1v1 he will win it man
dude was a MASSIVE human
but had quick feet and fantastic balance..
Ate double teams all day
Me:
you able to stop him with double teams or still no?
Him:
no
not close
Me:
Wayne Williams though. Anymore info on him?
He:
nothing more then you can find on him
Me:
and what you said about eating double teams all day
He:
yeah I played guard.. Dude just ate up the point of attack
couldnt get movement on him
Me:
he fast enough to get after the QB?
He:
most def
cant create a pocket w/ him collapsing the damn thing

So in the it's a small world catagory today:

One of my friends/co workers played against Wayne Williams when he was at ASA I just learned after sending him that article. My buddy is about 6'0 played gaurd @ 315lb and is/was a weight room junkie and here's his impressions of WW. Here's our inter office message convo, apologies for format.

Him:
well he is right.. 1v1 he will win it man
dude was a MASSIVE human
but had quick feet and fantastic balance..
Ate double teams all day
Me:
you able to stop him with double teams or still no?
Him:
no
not close
Me:
Wayne Williams though. Anymore info on him?
He:
nothing more then you can find on him
Me:
and what you said about eating double teams all day
He:
yeah I played guard.. Dude just ate up the point of attack
couldnt get movement on him
Me:
he fast enough to get after the QB?
He:
most def
cant create a pocket w/ him collapsing the damn thing
I liked this in both threads

The fact that a 330 lb man can do a standing back flip and a one handed cartwheel is pretty fkin impressive. I've seen he backflip. He can have all the bravado he wants. @swaggercuse

Loved his balance in the video. Focused on his target (QB) and getting a strong arm on the guy getting the handoff. And the focus on Penn State shows it's one game at time. The middle of the D-line is looking mighty fine.

The fact that a 330 lb man can do a standing back flip and a one handed cartwheel is pretty fkin impressive. I've seen he backflip. He can have all the bravado he wants. @swaggercuse
He did a standing backflip? That is nuts. Kid seems like a freak athlete.