We’ve ran the same gameplan against Virginia for a decade. | Syracusefan.com

We’ve ran the same gameplan against Virginia for a decade.

Moronic Coaching. And I realize Jesse stunk, but we do nothing different. For the love of god please RETIRE.
I’ve got no emotion left for this team, but especially this coaching staff. I just come here to throw a few darts, but I don’t expect to see a winning team anymore, let alone a team that contends for anything meaningful. It’s out of Jim’s reach, and has been for awhile.

I’ve got no emotion left for this team, but especially this coaching staff. I just come here to throw a few darts, but I don’t expect to see a winning team anymore, let alone a team that contends for anything meaningful. It’s out of Jim’s reach, and has been for awhile.
I haven’t been banned in awhile, my passion is fading. Won’t miss a game but tough to get mad or upset at this point. The fact I defend Joe as much as I do these days should tell you how awful this roster is.

Just imagine how bad it will be with the next coach.

Kind of like if your family died and you’re homeless and you have gout and you poop your pants a lot. You’d think it can’t get worse but the odds are that it will get a lot worse.

Kind of like if your family died and you’re homeless and you have gout and you poop your pants a lot. You’d think it can’t get worse but the odds are that it will get a lot worse.
So you're one of those "don't even try to fix a problem, because you might make it worse" kind of thinkers.

So you're one of those "don't even try to fix a problem, because you might make it worse" kind of thinkers.

No, I think Boeheim needs to step down after this season or next.

I just recognize that if we go get a coach for $5 million a year we probably won’t be good for a while still.

Here’s where you and diverge. It won’t get better under JB. Ever.

It can with a new staff.

Eventually, it can. A new staff likely won’t improve the talent over night. There will probably be an exodus of what little talent is here. Then we’ll rely on transfers which hasn’t been successful for many teams. Then we’ll rely on young recruits, probably not 5 stars.

Once the change happens, we’d be about 4 seasons out from being good and it’s hard to predict anything 4 seasons out.

Eventually, it can. A new staff likely won’t improve the talent over night. There will probably be an exodus of what little talent is here. Then we’ll rely on transfers which hasn’t been successful for many teams. Then we’ll rely on young recruits, probably not 5 stars.

Once the change happens, we’d be about 4 seasons out from being good and it’s hard to predict anything 4 seasons out.
So what’s your plan? And how does that differ from JB retiring tonight?

What are the options? Eventually he is going to retire. Do you think we should just give up men's basketball because you think it will be worse? Btw, where are you getting these "odds"? We had a losing record last year and will probably be .500 this year. The odds are likely 50:50 either way.

No, I think Boeheim needs to step down after this season or next.

I just recognize that if we go get a coach for $5 million a year we probably won’t be good for a while still.
Sure, there's a chance it will get worse like hiring Kenny Payne or you could hit the lottery and hire tommy Lloyd. Odds are it will be something in-between, which may be better than we are today because we ain't that good.

So what’s your plan? And how does that differ from JB retiring tonight?

JB retires after this season or next. The only point I’m making is it will get a lot worse before it gets better.

Stuff you and many will disagree with:

I also disagree that JB couldn’t have a successful team next season. For that matter, I disagree that he couldn’t have a successful team two seasons from now but I’m really running out of energy for all of these arguments tonight. I had to use the ignore button for the first time in 10 years because people can’t keep it civil.

We’re one multi-faceted Forward away from being very good. That’s honestly all JB needs, a 6’8” Forward who can dribble and shoot. Maybe they’re more rare than I think. We don’t have one. Anything can happen. Wes Johnson took a team projected to be below average to being a knee injury away from winning a national championship. Maybe there’s a Wes Johnson-type out there in the transfer portal. Who knows.

This comes full circle to the talent argument. We’ve been bad because Boeheim hasn’t recruited well. He’s recruited really poorly. Coaching circa 2014 is no different than coaching nowadays. As I established in the other thread, teams aren’t putting more or more capable shooters on the court than they did the last time we were great. His in-game coaching is fine. Because of that, I can’t help but think a player or two could change things drastically. We’ve all probably been on teams in our lives and we’ve all certainly witnessed teams in our lives that were drastically different with or without one player.

Losing to a top 25 team isn’t going to make me demand a retirement tonight.

JB retires after this season or next. The only point I’m making is it will get a lot worse before it gets better.

I also disagree that JB couldn’t have a successful team next season. For that matter, I disagree that he couldn’t have a successful team two seasons from now but I’m really running out of energy for all of these arguments tonight. I had to use the ignore button for the first time in 10 years because people can’t keep it civil.

We’re one multi-faceted Forward away from being very good. That’s honestly all JB needs, a 6’8” Forward who can dribble and shoot. Maybe they’re more rare than I think. We don’t have one. Anything can happen. Wes Johnson took a team projected to be below average to being a knee injury away from winning a national championship. Maybe there’s a Wes Johnson-type out there in the transfer portal. Who knows.

This comes full circle to the talent argument. We’ve been bad because Boeheim hasn’t recruited well. He’s recruited really poorly. Coaching circa 2014 is no different than coaching nowadays. As I established in the other thread, teams aren’t putting more or more capable shooters on the court than they did the last time we were great. His in-game coaching is fine. Because of that, I can’t help but think a player or two could change things drastically. We’ve all probably been on teams in our lives and we’ve all certainly witnessed teams in our lives that were drastically different with or without one player.

He’s recruited poorly because he coaches poorly.

Lazy Take. It’s not about money.

Anyone 30-50 who puts in effort can do better than this. We are going through the motions in recruiting, game planning, and in game coaching at this point. JB is a C minus level coach these days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom