We are all going to go crazy as Richmond watches Girard | Syracusefan.com

We are all going to go crazy as Richmond watches Girard

Tony DeFranco

2nd String
from the bench - Girard is fine - he can get some minutes - but Richmond is better at everything - and the combination of Girard and Boeheim defensively is simply unacceptable - I'm not going to even comment on Girard getting his layup crammed down his throat with a half court lead

from the bench - Girard is fine - he can get some minutes - but Richmond is better at everything - and the combination of Girard and Boeheim defensively is simply unacceptable - I'm not going to even comment on Girard getting his layup crammed down his throat with a half court lead
I like JG3, and when all is said & done he'll likely get himself in shape and have a good year. I just don't like JG3 or Buddy, or anyone not named Carmelo or Pearl, to play 38 mins per game, while good talent languishes on the bench. Just sayin...

Last edited:
Totally agree. Kadary is absolutely the real deal. Reminds me of Moten, slippery smooth. And for what its worth, Girard needs to shed that heft he put on off season.

Totally agree. Kadary is absolutely the real deal. Reminds me of Moten, slippery smooth. And for what its worth, Girard needs to shed that heft he put on off season.

Kadary is exactly what we need with size athleticism and defensive instincts. EXACTLY.

Not sure he is ready to be a superstar in the ACC this year. But he's the guy you don't want sitting for more than 1-2 minutes each half not Buddy or Joe.

Do we even have an acceptable 4th guard on the roster? We haven't seen Alan back there. Tonight would be a good night to let him handle the ball some.

40 mins of Kadary w/Joe getting 20 and Buddy getting 20 sounds about right to me for league games. I don't think the latter 2's numbers will drop that much if they go from 35 to 20 they'll still hit some threes.

He and Woody at the top of the zone...I didn’t know we were allowed to steal the entry pass any more. Richmond, Newton, Griffin, QG and MD are the best lineup we’ve had this year. That looks like a raw Syracuse team to me that will be top 15 next year after getting some experience.

I’m wondering if Joe had Covid (the other person when JB had it). He’s obviously slow and missing a step. Could be some of the after effects of the virus.
Was thinking the same.
whatever the case, his showing tonight did nothing to make a person think that first game was an anomaly.
ooof

Was thinking the same.
whatever the case, his showing tonight did nothing to make a person think that first game was an anomaly.
ooof

He looks really slow - I remember he was unathletic last year but he certainly looks lethargic now - and he looks like he could lose 15 pounds - slow and short does not make for an ACC starting PG - did I mention that Richmond's arms look longer than Kawhi Leonards?

He looks really slow - I remember he was unathletic last year but he certainly looks lethargic now - and he looks like he could lose 15 pounds - slow and short does not make for an ACC starting PG - did I mention that Richmond's arms look longer than Kawhi Leonards?
Someone has a creepy man crush! ;)

Kadary is going to be good sooner rather than later, but there is still a big and important role for Joe to play. If Joe can handle playing off-ball for 10 minutes a game, and on-ball 10 minutes a game he will actually look like a much better player. Especially with Kadary feeding him off his drives.

Look, there's a lot of speculation going on here trying to explain why Girard's not playing well, but if Girard is suffering from Covid after effects, it would be an extremely odd decision for JB to be leaning on him to play so many minutes.

If I remember correctly kaleb joseph had some great early games against awful teams, I'm not saying kadary is kaleb I think quite the opposite but lets slow our roll a little bit

Slow and short is no way to go through life. Trust me on this.

Someone has a creepy man crush! ;)

Kadary is going to be good sooner rather than later, but there is still a big and important role for Joe to play. If Joe can handle playing off-ball for 10 minutes a game, and on-ball 10 minutes a game he will actually look like a much better player. Especially with Kadary feeding him off his drives.
JG did a great job bailing us out at PG last year following the Carey disaster. Think about his transition. He went from a high volume shooter and scorer at a Class B school in NYS to a starting PG in the ACC as a freshman. Is it any wonder he has JB's trust?

He is a gamer, but he looks slower and tired out there. I wonder about his confidence now. He obviously is acutely aware of how good Richmond is from practice. His skill set will play up the more he plays off the ball.

Kadary is a difference maker for this team. I'm not saying this based on this one game. I have thought so since watching his tapes at the prep level. I also think that JB thinks so, too.

If I remember correctly kaleb joseph had some great early games against awful teams, I'm not saying kadary is kaleb I think quite the opposite but lets slow our roll a little bit

I never saw Kaleb play like that.

Kadary and Buddy with Joe backing both up and getting 20 minutes a game. Also get him in at the end as the closer at the line, the way GMAC used to be.

I totally forgot about that but you're right..he did exactly that. he was the ultimate crap team killer..the SU embodiment of the Baltimore Ravens.

Silver lining of Buddy Covid situation is Kadary playing w/o looking over his shoulder. When Buddy comes back him and Joe together for 38 is unacceptable
I think that is the main point - all three guys can get minutes, and if they don't JB has lost his way. Off topic I too think JG3 looks doughy and I still don't see any new muscle on Marek or anyone.

It was Niagara. Give Joe a chance to get in the groove.

He had moments of brilliance last year and was just a freshman as well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom