We are better than I expected | Syracusefan.com

We are better than I expected

TinyManInside

Our only goal will be the western shores.
I think this team can get to 17 to 19 wins and probably secure an NIT bid. We have two plus+ players in Mintz and Edwards. They both have to tighten up their games (Mintz settle down some and Edwards clean up the free throws and improve ball security), and after that everyone should be rotational. But they can all play a little and if the right rotations for situations are used this can be a decent team. It’s nice to have some quickness and athleticism after last years defense looked like Edwards walking through the Louvre sculpture section.

I think this team can get to 17 to 19 wins and probably secure an NIT bid. We have two plus+ players in Mintz and Edwards. They both have to tighten up their games (Mintz settle down some and Edwards clean up the free throws and improve ball security), and after that everyone should be rotational. But they can all play a little and if the right rotations for situations are used this can be a decent team. It’s nice to have some quickness and athleticism after last years defense looked like Edwards walking through the Louvre sculpture section.
Lol

i dont think so. team cant score. this looks worse than last year.

The pieces are there for this to be a good team by the end of the season, but by then it will be too late. And for the first time ever, I’m not confident JB will figure it out anyway.

Many of us thought the Buddy years were too much of a distraction for JB and he would return to his regular self this season. Instead, he’s arguably worse.

Appreciate the optimism but i personally will be shocked if this team wins 15 games. It be a huge huge win if we can somehow find a away to have a winning season, but thats probablynot happening. Welcome to the new norm we call Syracuse basketball

giphy (24).gif

Also not sure our coach will figure out the rotation.
I think the bigger problem is that JB isn’t teaching offense and as Frascilla said we’re not finding easy ways to score. Oh, yea, and the lack of talent. Fran also nailed it when he said we could have and should have mined the portal and we didn’t. He said JB told him at dinner if he was a 50 year old coach he’d be in the NBA instead. JB just ain’t built for this new reality. We need to find a coach who is.

Last edited:
There is no offensive flow to JB's scheme. If you can call it a scheme. His scheme worked when he had great talents. Had high level top 40 recruits and a couple of NBA draft picks on the floor. Individual talents that can free lance a bucket. Without that kind of talent it looks like pound the ball around the perimeter endlessly until we turn it over or take a bad shot by a guy who can't shoot. And we get few offensive rebounds.

There is no offensive flow to JB's scheme. If you can call it a scheme. His scheme worked when he had great talents. Had high level top 40 recruits and a couple of NBA draft picks on the floor. Individual talents that can free lance a bucket. Without that kind of talent it looks like pound the ball around the perimeter endlessly until we turn it over or take a bad shot by a guy who can't shoot. And we get few offensive rebounds.
Combine that with a slow-down defense and we get few FGAs and fewer buckets. The point of the game is to out-score your opponents.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom