we are no different than WVU fans except we have more teeth and 10 dollars more | Syracusefan.com

we are no different than WVU fans except we have more teeth and 10 dollars more

Don

2nd String
http://mbd.At their request, this n...his site./mb.aspx?s=178&f=2515&t=10969691&p=1

lol this thread on the scout North Carolina State board is one of the funniest things i have ever read on what the perception of Syracue, central and northern New York is all about, Some of the comments about the weather are spot on but man..lol you can almost feel the love

if the link doesnt work just copy it into the browser the comments start about the end of page one and are all through page 2 its must read internet stuff totally hillarius funny stuff

in case the link does not take you there its on scout board/ packpride sports / the topic is Debbie Yow on Maryland leaving the acc

http://mbd.*********/mb.aspx?s=178&f=2515&t=10969691&p=1

lol this thread on the scout North Carolina State board is one of the funniest things i have ever read on what the perception of Syracue, central and northern New York is all about, Some of the comments about the weather are spot on but man..lol you can almost feel the love

if the link doesnt work just copy it into the browser the comments start about the end of page one and are all through page 2 its must read internet stuff totally hillarius funny stuff
I love the experts on upstate NY on their board, advising everyone that Syracuse is in the same area as Fort Drum, but Buffalo is a different part of upstate NY.

NC State has crappy sports, and a small, low class and uneducated fan base. They wear red and want desperately to be respected. In short, they are the Rutgers of the ACC. Every conference needs a Rutgers, to provide balance for the good programs. I am glad they are in place and ready to serve as our punching bag.

I actually chuckled at this:

'I'd say Syracuse fans are worse than Maryland fans, but only because there are so many more Syracuse fans.'

We need to save this picture for a "smack down" with them in the future...that is if any of us get permission to post over there.

Chuck2.jpg

NC State fans and Virginia Tech fans have the same inferiority complex in common. Always looking up at the big brother that they'll never quite be equal to not matter what they accomplish. Might as well lump WFVU in with the that group as well except they are pissed at everyone.

"Feelin' you, Bry. I've had the rather unfortunate experience of living in Lewis County for the last six years. Can't wait for the Feds to finish paying these student loans so we can head southbound."

Where's Lewis county?

"Feelin' you, Bry. I've had the rather unfortunate experience of living in Lewis County for the last six years. Can't wait for the Feds to finish paying these student loans so we can head southbound."

Where's Lewis county?
The county with the worst weather in NYS, maybe the whole Northeastern US. Ridiculous amounts of lake effect snow. It is perfectly situated off just east of Lake Ontario, on the Tug Hill Plateau for this). Also really low temperatures in the winter.

I think the reason Fort Drum is there is to prepare the troops to fight in awful weather. It is a great place for that.

It is as different a place to live compared to CNY as CNY is to NYC.

The people on that board are remarkably ignorant about New York State.
NY-Lewis.jpg

The county with the worst weather in NYS, maybe the whole Northeastern US. Ridiculous amounts of lake effect snow. It is perfectly situated off just east of Lake Ontario, on the Tug Hill Plateau for this). Also really low temperatures in the winter.

I think the reason Fort Drum is there is to prepare the troops to fight in awful weather. It is a great place for that.

It is as different a place to live compared to CNY as CNY is to NYC.

The people on that board are remarkably ignorant about New York State.
NY-Lewis.jpg
Yes its the region between SYR and Watertown which Lewis county is a part of, that gets the absurd amount of of Lake Effect Snow. Fort Drum is actually only 5 miles from Watertown and not In the heavy snow belt region nor is Watertown. having lived in Watertown area for 15 years i know

Yes its the region between SYR and Watertown which Lewis county is a part of, that gets the absurd amount of of Lake Effect Snow. Fort Drum is actually only 5 miles from Watertown and not In the heavy snow belt region nor is Watertown. having lived in Watertown area for 15 years i know
You are partly correct. But Fort Drum is a big area....over 107.000 acres.

For comparison purposes, that is about 1/6 the size of Rhode Island. It includes the northeastern corner of Jefferson County and the northwestern corner of Lewis County. If you can do your missions there, you should be able to do them pretty much anywhere.

I hate the thought of being poor and having less than a full set of teeth. So I take this as a compliment. Especially coming from Raleigh-ans.

For comparison purposes, that is about 1/6 the size of Rhode Island. It includes the northeastern corner of Jefferson County and the northwestern corner of Lewis County. If you can do your missions there, you should be able to do them pretty much anywhere.
intersting, there is a gated area that i considered Fort Drum that was in between philadelphia water town and Carthage. That was the region i always thought of as Fort Drum. Upon further review of Ft Drum map the region is not in the heavy snow belt area again the heavy snows fall to the South of the region

We need to save this picture for a "smack down" with them in the future...that is if any of us get permission to post over there.

Chuck2.jpg

Lol...love it.

Still one of my favorite videos ever..Amato cartoon

Chuck2.jpg

I'd go easy on pictures of opposing coaches. The may be a few out there of JB doing some excavation work on his nasal passages that we might not want to see very often.

I'd go easy on pictures of opposing coaches. The may be a few out there of JB doing some excavation work on his nasal passages that we might not want to see very often.
Its so frequent its hardly insulting anymore.

That part of the state is the Siberia of NY. When a (Alberta Clipper) cold front comes through in the winter and it might get to 0 to -10F in Syracuse...it is not uncommon for it to be -30 or colder in the Lewis County area. The area is basically in another climate zone. The temps modify as you get closer to Lake Ontario.

I was really just joking about where Lewis County is. Fact is, I've been there and there are some very nice spots. Brantingham Lake comes to mind along with the Otter Creek area. However, it's not Syracuse and has little to do with Syracuse.

It must suck when northerners come down and take over your region. And the worst part is, those are mostly all people who couldn't find jobs up here...:cool:

This is a fantastic post on the FSU board going after all the WVU trolls.

I have to ask... why do WVU fans keep starting threads over here?
99% of the FSU people on this board can't stand any of you toothless idiots.
You're not in the same conference and you have nothing in common with FSU except that FSU's legendary coach once coached at WVU.
Look... everyone realizes that WVU is on an island and is in a conference that has a recruiting base that WVU has never gotten players from. WVU's main recruiting areas are the DC area and Florida... and now the DC area is B1G territory and Florida is 1000 miles from the nearest B12 team.
WVU's other recruiting area is Western PA. There isn't a kid in Western PA that is interested in playing in the Great Plains conference.
WVU is desperate. Desperate for a travel partner. Desperate for a conference member in Florida to help their recruiting efforts.
Their fans are flailing about... infecting nearly every college sports message board on the internet in attempts to try to create a false "groundswell" among those teams to come to the B12.
WVU's very survival as a relevant football program depends... ABSOLUTELY DEPENDS... on the death of the ACC.
It is why there are a half-doze WVU trolls making up rumor after rumor and then using their sock puppet accounts to help propagate those rumors to the four corners of the internet.
All because they are like an animal caught in a trap. The SEC doesn't want them, the ACC rejected them... and they are the only BCS team in America without a single conference rival in their own timezone. Without a single conference rival within 900 miles of their campus.
When Pitt and Syracuse left last year, WVU panicked. Oliver Luck tried like hell to get into the SEC and ACC and was rebuffed at every turn.
He jumped to the first conference that would take him.
And now the toothless minions realize they are in a tough spot. They went 7-5 despite having three heisman calibre athletes on their roster.
Next year, they have nothing close to those guys coming in to replace them.
And their recruiting grounds are drying up.
They're panicked.
And that's what gives rise to imbeciles like theDude and others trying ANYTHING they can think of to create fear, uncertainty, and doubt.
But they're failing.
WVU fans are a virus. They are a virus that Pitt fans have known about for years, but now the rest of America is discovering.
They are literally making enemies of every other fanbase in America.
They have no friends. They have not partners. Even their new conference mates already think of them as the red-headed step child that they need to tolerate even though they are embarrassed.

I was really just joking about where Lewis County is. Fact is, I've been there and there are some very nice spots. Brantingham Lake comes to mind along with the Otter Creek area. However, it's not Syracuse and has little to do with Syracuse.

Lewis County. Home of Zack Tomaselli. But don't blame Lewis County.

This is a fantastic post on the FSU board going after all the WVU trolls.

I have to ask... why do WVU fans keep starting threads over here?
99% of the FSU people on this board can't stand any of you toothless idiots.
You're not in the same conference and you have nothing in common with FSU except that FSU's legendary coach once coached at WVU.
Look... everyone realizes that WVU is on an island and is in a conference that has a recruiting base that WVU has never gotten players from. WVU's main recruiting areas are the DC area and Florida... and now the DC area is B1G territory and Florida is 1000 miles from the nearest B12 team.
WVU's other recruiting area is Western PA. There isn't a kid in Western PA that is interested in playing in the Great Plains conference.
WVU is desperate. Desperate for a travel partner. Desperate for a conference member in Florida to help their recruiting efforts.
Their fans are flailing about... infecting nearly every college sports message board on the internet in attempts to try to create a false "groundswell" among those teams to come to the B12.
WVU's very survival as a relevant football program depends... ABSOLUTELY DEPENDS... on the death of the ACC.
It is why there are a half-doze WVU trolls making up rumor after rumor and then using their sock puppet accounts to help propagate those rumors to the four corners of the internet.
All because they are like an animal caught in a trap. The SEC doesn't want them, the ACC rejected them... and they are the only BCS team in America without a single conference rival in their own timezone. Without a single conference rival within 900 miles of their campus.
When Pitt and Syracuse left last year, WVU panicked. Oliver Luck tried like hell to get into the SEC and ACC and was rebuffed at every turn.
He jumped to the first conference that would take him.
And now the toothless minions realize they are in a tough spot. They went 7-5 despite having three heisman calibre athletes on their roster.
Next year, they have nothing close to those guys coming in to replace them.
And their recruiting grounds are drying up.
They're panicked.
And that's what gives rise to imbeciles like theDude and others trying ANYTHING they can think of to create fear, uncertainty, and doubt.
But they're failing.
WVU fans are a virus. They are a virus that Pitt fans have known about for years, but now the rest of America is discovering.
They are literally making enemies of every other fanbase in America.
They have no friends. They have not partners. Even their new conference mates already think of them as the red-headed step child that they need to tolerate even though they are embarrassed.

Drop-the-mic.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom