"We are the epicenter of CBB" | Syracusefan.com

"We are the epicenter of CBB"

ws.jpg

if they stay undefeated the tv rankings for their games will be huge.

Aw, come on! There is some truth there. Everyone is watching them, albeit in a ghoulish, vulture-ish fashion. This is fun and exciting for them. It takes nothing away from our team to acknowledge that the Shockers are doing something special.

I agree--what they are doing is a nice little story and should be commended. It's a special season for a team that made the Final Four last year.

"The epicenter," though? Oh, absolutely. I mean, look no further than their grueling schedule over the last seven days for proof: home against Drake, on the road against Bradley, and then back home today for Missouri State. Brutal. Just brutal.

A slate like that obviously trumps a stretch of Duke, Maryland, and Virginia over the same seven-day span--all on the road. ;) :bang: :p

"The epicenter," though? Oh, absolutely. I mean, look no further than their grueling schedule over the last seven days for proof: home against Drake, on the road against Bradley, and then back home today for Missouri State. Brutal. Just brutal.

This is every bit
Can you feel it college basketball world!

Aw, come on! There is some truth there. Everyone is watching them, albeit in a ghoulish, vulture-ish fashion. This is fun and exciting for them. It takes nothing away from our team to acknowledge that the Shockers are doing something special.
To me, it's pretty much equivalent to a D-2 team going undefeated in the regular season. I just don't care.

There's certainly something to be said for going undefeated in the regular season.

However, the "epicenter" of college basketball? Adios, Marshall.

Are more people watching the Wichita State-Northern Missouri Tech game than will watch the SU-UVa game? Get a clue, Gregggg.

My thoughts exactly. Who in their right mind would watch wich st play some glorified D2 team today when louisville @memphis is on?

I've been flipping back and forth - although NC/Va Tech has started so Wichita State no longer makes the cut. They're a good team - I don't doubt that, but really couldn't care less that they're undefeated. How many teams would go undefeated with that schedule?

UVA obviously couldn't, since they lost to Tennessee, but I would imagine a decent number of power conference schools could manage it. :)

How soon we forget. We were in a similar position, albeit on a bigger scale, just a coupla weeks ago.
Look, Larry Bird's Indiana State, Jerry Tarkanian's UNLV, Calipari's Memphis teams- any team that goes undefeated regardless of the league they're from, will get the attention and the questions. Even we were hearing the haters question our schedule when we hadn't lost- its the nature of the beast.
For now, he's absolutely right...every cbb report on ESPN/Fox/CBS etc. will start by giving an update on the Shockers.
No biggie...they've earned it. :rolleyes:

There's certainly something to be said for going undefeated in the regular season.

However, the "epicenter" of college basketball? Adios, Marshall.

Are more people watching the Wichita State-Northern Missouri Tech game than will watch the SU-UVa game? Get a clue, Gregggg.

He's just picking up on ESPN designating any game they choose for Gameday as an "epicenter"; although they are also calling our game the biggest game of the day.

Commentator: Don't you think there isn't a ton of tradition at Wichita State. They made the Final Four back in the 1800's, and won the NIT just a few years ago. It's not like they just came out of nowhere the last few years.

Yeah, that's pretty much the definition of coming out of nowhere.

(I sort of agree with his point, but a bad argument). When they were in the Final Four CCNY was New York's premier program.

I hope they go in as a 1 seed and lose the first round. It would give a nice kick in the ass to hype for teams that play nobody.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom