We can make up all 3 of these cancelled games. | Syracusefan.com

We can make up all 3 of these cancelled games.

Alsacs

Living Legend
We can play Notre Dame.
Friday February 19th the night before we host BC and ND is off that weekend.

We can play Wake Forest
Tuesday February 23rd.

We play Duke on the 22nd in Durham.
The next night we can play in Winston-Salem a half an hour down the road.

Then North Carolina can play us 2 nights in a row to end the season.
They come to the Dome March 1st.
Just play the second game on March 2nd. Game gets made up.

I get these changes are hard to accept with back to back games but as JB says the kids don’t get tired only playing 40 minutes with all the TV timeouts.

We can play Notre Dame.

We can play Wake Forest
Tuesday February 23rd.

I get these changes are hard to accept with back to back games but as JB says the kids don’t get tired only playing 40 minutes with all the TV timeouts.
Can’t see that happening if JB has any say in it.Three back to back dates?Crazy talk.

We can play Notre Dame.

We can play Wake Forest
Tuesday February 23rd.

I like the idea of getting the missed games in but no way we play 5 games in 7 days - 17th @ Lville, 18 off, 19th ND, 20th BC, 21st off, 22nd @ Duke, 23rd @ WF. On top of that there is no way Durham to Winston Salem is half hour. Suspect you think Wake Forest is in Wake Forest not Winston-Salem (about 1 1/2 hours). Lastly I don't think UNC would be excited about giving up a home game but anything could be possible this season. The other thought is a bit wild but with games back to back, what happens if a positive test pops up? Could take out 3-5 teams in our conference? Starting to wonder about playing this season.

Virg went 3 weeks without a game.. Wake has gone a month.. No doubt others will be in the same boat over time.. extend the season out 2 weeks let everyone decided when to play the conf tourney based on how it looks a few weeks out.. that gives every one a chance to work the schedule out at the end as needed.

Can’t see that happening if JB has any say in it.Three back to back dates?Crazy talk.

Do you want to play a season or not?
If you are going to whine every time you can't practice as much as others might as well just shut down your team. It's going to happen to almost everybody -- certainly some teams are going to have more luck then others. So what, this year is not going to be 100% fair.

I'm all for putting the athletes near the front of the line for vaccine. No doubt all of us here benefit mental health wise from watching the Cuse run.

The season is just about at it’s breaking point at least the way it’s been planned. As indicated above, time to make up games is limited and a few more “pauses” will wreak havoc on anything that resembles a schedule. Back to back games will be an absolute reality to keep any hope of a schedule. Personally, I think it all falls apart after New Years. There won’t be a season. I want to be wrong in the worst way.

we and most schools will see more stoppages over the next two months. Season is going to require D3 back to back schedule.
Yup. Siena and three other schools haven't ever had an opportunity to play one game yet. Fortunately we got seven in. I think they will need to postpone the postseason.

Virg went 3 weeks without a game.. Wake has gone a month.. No doubt others will be in the same boat over time.. extend the season out 2 weeks let everyone decided when to play the conf tourney based on how it looks a few weeks out.. that gives every one a chance to work the schedule out at the end as needed.
CBS pays a lot of money for the ncaa tourney. They pay a lot of money for the Masters, which takes place the week after the final 4. I don’t think cbs would take well to to moving the tourney back to conflict with the Masters...

The postseason isn’t going to move CBS wants it in March.
Turner doesn’t want it interfering with NBA postseason.

Teams will make up games or play less games.
The ACC should have built in a week of no games and so it could be a makeup week.

Just play back to backs. If they want to makeup games.

If we are down in Durham it’s an hour drive to W-S.

Get Wake to move a game from Wednesday to Thursday.

Tell UNC they will play 2 games at Syracuse since there isn’t a crowd and they own us they shouldn’t care.

If we don’t want to makeup the games that is fine.

The postseason isn’t going to move CBS wants it in March.
Turner doesn’t want it interfering with NBA postseason.

Teams will make up games or play less games.
The ACC should have built in a week of no games and so it could be a makeup week.

Just play back to backs. If they want to makeup games.

If we are down in Durham it’s an hour drive to W-S.

Get Wake to move a game from Wednesday to Thursday.

Tell UNC they will play 2 games at Syracuse since there isn’t a crowd and they own us they shouldn’t care.

If we don’t want to makeup the games that is fine.
NCAA tournament leading into NBA playoffs sounds like a broadcaster's wet dream to me, especially if said broadcaster owns the rights to both.

I think most schools won't be able to finish all their games on the schedule. Eventually we will use winning percentages to decide the seeding of ACC tournament. Just play the game one at a time and don't worry about how to schedule makeup games.

I think most schools won't be able to finish all their games on the schedule. Eventually we will use winning percentages to decide the seeding of ACC tournament. Just play the game one at a time and don't worry about how to schedule makeup games.

Agree. They changed the minimum requirement to make the NCAAs to 13 games. Let's just hope for the best and see what happens

So we're the one sees right now.

I'm into that.

CBS pays a lot of money for the ncaa tourney. They pay a lot of money for the Masters, which takes place the week after the final 4. I don’t think cbs would take well to to moving the tourney back to conflict with the Masters...
Move it AFTER the Masters.

The season is just about at it’s breaking point at least the way it’s been planned. As indicated above, time to make up games is limited and a few more “pauses” will wreak havoc on anything that resembles a schedule. Back to back games will be an absolute reality to keep any hope of a schedule. Personally, I think it all falls apart after New Years. There won’t be a season. I want to be wrong in the worst way.
Don't worry, you'll be wrong.

How would they do the tournament if say two teams out of 68 have to suddenly isolate for 14 days during the first or second round, wait till they are cleared to play or move on without them? Or require extensive testing prior to arrival and put all teams into a big bubble in March/April?

There are several issues.

(1) how to seed teams who haven't played a full schedule? How to seed teams who played but were affected by key players having to be held out? How to seed teams who blew out opponents who had key players held out.
(2) how to seed teams if conference tournaments are incomplete? Meaning that some teams can't play during conference weekend, or just before tournament play some teams got isolated due to last minute testing results. Say you got to ACC semi finals and only two teams available. Do you wait two more weeks or you seed them somehow?
(3) what happens if teams are held out during the tournament say on sweet sixteen rounds?

They have got to work all this out first, announce it, then let the schools decide if they need to make up games to improve their seeding.

Last edited:
How would they do the tournament if say two teams out of 68 have to suddenly isolate for 14 days during the first or second round, wait till they are cleared to play or move on without them? Or require extensive testing prior to arrival and put all teams into a big bubble in March/April?
How they handle all the scenarios will be very interesting. Did I miss the comment, is the ACC still planning on conference tournament? that's a few days of back to back, and then if they have a "make up" week, that's potentially a few days of back to back in advance of tourney. It's a heckuva lot of back to back... Maybe they cancel ACC tourney and come up with a 2 week schedule for make ups.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom