We can't be #hardnosed anymore... | Syracusefan.com

We can't be #hardnosed anymore...

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Brent Axe@BrentAxeMedia6m
SU has #Orange.Nation on field at the Carrier Dome RT @MooreSports "Social media police: NCAA has banned hashtags on college football fields"

Brent Axe@BrentAxeMedia1m
And while we are rolling here, can the NCAA ban something that really needs to be...like THE WAVE.

That's a really stupid rule. Not that I'm surprised. But honestly - what harm was it doing to anyone?

Brent Axe@BrentAxeMedia6m
SU has #Orange.Nation on field at the Carrier Dome RT @MooreSports "Social media police: NCAA has banned hashtags on college football fields"
Question.

If a school removes a hashtag by hand-painting it green, but the shade of green does not exactly match the surrounding turf, so that the outline of the letters is still somewhat visible, does this count as an infraction? Major or minor?

Question.

If a school removes a hashtag by hand-painting it green, but the shade of green does not exactly match the surrounding turf, so that the outline of the letters is still somewhat visible, does this count as an infraction? Major or minor?

Bad flashbacks:

EndZone.gif

I would love to hear the explanation from the NCAA as to why hashtags will force student athletes into the 7th circle of Hell. :rolleyes:

The NCAA, again, just tied its own shoelaces together. One of the single dumbest things I've ever heard them do. Want to better your brand and member schools using social media? The NCAA says no. I'd love to hear the rationale behind this. I mean, seriously, those hashtags are used probably 10s of millions of times throughout the year for the betterment of your own member institutions. Disgrace.

Emmert would be much happier as the Commissioner of the Ivy or Patriot League. That's where he belongs. Far away from major conference athletics.

The NCAA, again, just tied its own shoelaces together. One of the single dumbest things I've ever heard them do. Want to better your brand and member schools using social media? The NCAA says no. I'd love to hear the rationale behind this. I mean, seriously, those hashtags are used probably 10s of millions of times throughout the year for the betterment of your own member institutions. Disgrace.
This.

What, exactly, is the harm of having a hashtag on the field? As you said, it's promotion for NCAA institutions. But apparently that's not what the NCAA wants?

Makes no sense.

We need Dome personnel to just look the other way when fans bring in big #hardnosed signs, a la Big Head Jim Boeheim.

We need Dome personnel to just look the other way when fans bring in big #hardnosed signs, a la Big Head Jim Boeheim.
how about just a hardnose bighead, like this...

Screen%2Bshot%2B2011-12-04%2Bat%2B3.24.19%2BPM.png

I know I am late to the thread but WGAF about hashtags on the fields/courts?! I, for one, want to commend the NCAA on focusing on the important issues, way to go fellas, keep up the good work.

I know I am late to the thread but WGAF about hashtags on the fields/courts?! I, for one, want to commend the NCAA on focusing on the important issues, way to go fellas, keep up the good work.

Hashtags are the important issues? Or if isnt what you meant, what the hell are the important issues that the NCAA are focusing on? Just curious

Troop, switch your sarcasm detector to "On," then go ahead and reread the post.:D

aww shucks. Its 8:00 am here May 2nd, and still snowing. I'm a little out of it. My bad Hoov!

aww shucks. Its 8:00 am here May 2nd, and still snowing. I'm a little out of it. My bad Hoov!
Haha, sarcasm doesn't always come across when typed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom