we completed 3 passes after the first 2 scores and won easy | Syracusefan.com

we completed 3 passes after the first 2 scores and won easy

upperdeck

Living Legend
thats what happens when you suddenly get short fields

if didnt help we were into the wind for 2 periods in a row and could do much of anything

Even with the average stat line he seemed to be a lot more confident and mobile. The sack looked like he had some PTSD but outside of that he was moving and even got ten yards downfield to block

thats what happens when you suddenly get short fields

if didnt help we were into the wind for 2 periods in a row and could do much of anything
Yeah playcalling seemed lazy in them periods and we started running in a gaps again but then we switched it up. Need a tad bit more consistency.

Even with the average stat line he seemed to be a lot more confident and mobile. The sack looked like he had some PTSD but outside of that he was moving and even got ten yards downfield to block

Funny he played look test the best game of the year but stats wise it may have been his worst. Outside of a few plays you can’t fault him.

Funny he played look test the best game of the year but stats wise it may have been his worst. Outside of a few plays you can’t fault him.
Yup. He had plenty of games this year where his stats were great but he was holding onto the ball too long, etc. I'd rather a few more completions and taking the shots that he did. Plus, it was several drops too. Only a few throws were on him and it was tough wiht the wind. I thought it was one of Tommy's best games from a decision making stand point and his overall feel for the game.

I also LOVED that he held onto the ball on the first run option. There have been games this year where he didnt run at all. Holding onto it first play helps keep the defense honest.

I thought DeVito looked confident and other than the one sack, even though the stats don't necessarily show it, he had a solid game. In my humble opinion, he has begun to get his legs underneath him and the game appears to have slowed down for him. Still not a fan of some of the play calling but a win is a win. Syracuse will need for him to be solid this week against Louisville. Go Orange!!!!!

missed the wide open deep ball to Harris, but the wind made it tough.

End of the day it was windy as heck so the passing game was t happening either way. Tommy got us off to a quick lead and then kept us in it. Confident with no boneheaded plays. The only stat that we should care about is the final score.

You really are a miserable human being.

We blow the doors off of Duke and this is your only contribution.

Not one word about the D, the oline, the running game...

Nothing.

Just b1tch, b!tch, b!tch.
Why state the obvious? What contribution does that make? Let's focus on what needs doing from here on in. Only 2 games left to make a bowl.

yep. The wind effected the passing and kicking game. Good job at pounding the ball.
I couldn't understand why we weren't squib kicking into that wind. Hof kept kicking high and it was barely going 35 yards it seemed. Has he ever tried a rugby style punt? At the end of the day it didn't matter thankfully.

I couldn't understand why we weren't squib kicking into that wind. Hof kept kicking high and it was barely going 35 yards it seemed. Has he ever tried a rugby style punt? At the end of the day it didn't matter thankfully.

i think he used the rugby style a couple years ago.

First two years he did it a bunch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom