We could actually have a losing record after tonight's game | Syracusefan.com

We could actually have a losing record after tonight's game

RF2044

Living Legend
Yikes.

I mean, we've had a few years where we've lost the opener to start off 0-1, but otherwise I can't recall any point during my lifetime of watching SU basketball where we've had a losing record otherwise. Unbelievable.

Yikes.

I mean, we've had a few years where we've lost the opener to start off 0-1, but otherwise I can't recall any point during my lifetime of watching SU basketball where we've had a losing record otherwise. Unbelievable.
3>2, dang your right. Your smart in maths, gold star.

Yikes.

There will be a game where we shoot well.

If we beat ASU then Loyola/Auburn, this will be a good trip honestly. Just pray we get Loyola not Auburn lol

There will be a game where we shoot well.

If we beat ASU then Loyola/Auburn, this will be a good trip honestly. Just pray we get Loyola not Auburn lol
What a sad thought that we hope to get a certain team so that we have a better chance to win. Remember when we had a "bring em on" attitude in these preseason tournaments because we knew we could beat anyone and wanted to show the country we should be talked about after winning it? Are we now the team good teams look past?

What a sad thought that we hope to get a certain team so that we have a better chance to win. Remember when we had a "bring em on" attitude in these preseason tournaments because we knew we could beat anyone and wanted to show the country we should be talked about after winning it? Are we now the team good teams look past?
Auburn is just an absolute awful matchup for us. Like, beyond terrible. They have 2 monsters in the middle (which VCU didn’t have) and they’ll pressure us the whole game, UConn had a lot of issues with it and they have better guards than us.

Loyola is similar in makeup to us (with more athletes of course)

I suppose I should be more open to trying new things.

Yikes.

I don’t think we lose to ASU but theres not been many non conference schedules like this lately.

If we do lose 5+ in the non conference, at least we’ll be weathered and experienced hitting the ACC.

Good teams make smal positives of bad losses and improve. JB’s an all timer with that.

I don’t think we lose to ASU but theres not been many non conference schedules like this lately.

If we do lose 5+ in the non conference, at least we’ll be weathered and experienced hitting the ACC.

Good teams make smal positives of bad losses and improve. JB’s an all timer with that.
Ah Lucidity, wasn't he an ancient greek basketball coach?

It's you're or you are, not your. So, your apparent slight, is not smart at all on your behalf. ;)
It was done intentionally. Umkay.

Last edited:

We don’t have the talent to do that. It’s not like we have a bunch of high upside freshman that will grow with experience. This is an old, slow roster with a very low ceiling.

We don’t have the talent to do that. It’s not like we have a bunch of high upside freshman that will grow with experience. This is an old, slow roster with a very low ceiling.
Its a long season and adjustments/growth can be made and realized. There’s talent there. We aren’t a clueless rabble. It’s going to take time for this team to mesh. We lost 4 solid contributors from last years team, as well as Woody and Braswell.

This team was never going to come out the gate 7 or 8-0. We won’t know who we are until the ACC season but I see little reason to give up now.

Auburn is just an absolute awful matchup for us. Like, beyond terrible. They have 2 monsters in the middle (which VCU didn’t have) and they’ll pressure us the whole game, UConn had a lot of issues with it and they have better guards than us.

Loyola is similar in makeup to us (with more athletes of course)
Yeah. How disappointing. We used to recruit atnletes that had skill. Then athletes that developed skill. Then athletes that never developed skill. Now we recruit skilled player that aren't athletes. They can't use the skill due to their lack of athleticism. Oh well. Being good was fun while it lasted.

Its a long season and adjustments/growth can be made and realized. There’s talent there. We aren’t a clueless rabble. It’s going to take time for this team to mesh. We lost 4 solid contributors from last years team, as well as Woody and Braswell.

This team was never going to come out the gate 7 or 8-0. We won’t know who we are until the ACC season but I see little reason to give up now.
We will know who we are by mid December

Not surprising. Anyone who has watched Syracuse basketball long enough can see these players have the name on the jersey, but that's about as close they come to being anywhere near the Syracuse talent level we have been accustomed to for decades. They have the makeup of a middling A-10 team.

They'll win some games because of Buddy, some hot streak nights and possibly getting some teams to overthink the zone. They just aren't very good.

Meanwhile, Iona takes down #10 Alabama and #16 St. Bonaventure is 4-0. Coaching does matter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom