We did a terrible job predicting our leading scorer and rebounder | Syracusefan.com

We did a terrible job predicting our leading scorer and rebounder

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Five games in and in most cases we are off the board.

There were about 80 official predictions and only six picked Southerland to be the leading scorer. I was one of them so it's easy for me to say "I told you so".

Five guys are averaging 5 or more rebounds per game. Not one person picked our do it all point guard to lead the team. That's right, MCW is leading the team at 6.4 RPG. It will be interesting to see how that plays out.

There were about 80 official predictions and only six picked Southerland to be the leading scorer. I was one of them so it's easy for me to say "I told you so".

Five guys are averaging 5 or more rebounds per game. Not one person picked our do it all point guard to lead the team. That's right, MCW is leading the team at 6.4 RPG. It will be interesting to see how that plays out.

I'm one of them, too. I said if we make a long run, it's because he finally puts it altogether, and he could be our leading scorer. I see a Preston Shumpert like season for him.

He is a far more well rounded player now but when we start playing conference games that feature teams that play excellent man to man defenses, those 8-10 wide open looks from the 3 point circle are going to melt away and points will be a lot harder for him to come by. I think he will still be pretty effective and heck, given there is no great scorer on this team right now, he might even still end up leading the team in scoring. But I think he gets passed by a couple players by the end of the season.

Should be a bunch of players bunched close to each other in scoring by the end of the season. Really balanced scoring on this team...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom