We got a depth chart... | Syracusefan.com

We got a depth chart...

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

Syracuse football released its 2019 preseason depth chart.
Of note:
-Trishton Jackson up to WR1
-Sam Heckel at G1, Airon Servais back at C1 with young OTs, Ryan Alexander is currently RT2
-Ifeatu Melifonwu listed as CB1 with Scoop Bradshaw CB2
-Fr. Mikel Jones LB2
-No Antwan Cordy

Diving into Syracuse's updated roster/media guide and there's one initial takeaway: DB Antwan Cordy is back for his sixth year, per his SU Athletics profile. Interested to see where exactly he fits in. Has experience at FS, SS and NB, but the secondary is loaded.

Last edited:
This plays very well into the Cordy thread I just posted in.

Trill
CF
IFFY
Foster
Cisco

I am not going out on a limb saying every name of the above, our projected starting Db’s at this time, has draft potential. Iffy looked like an absolute monster vs UNC, albeit he had fresh legs coming in.

Vettorello being listed as the starting LT and backup Center is interesting.

First off, rarely do you see a team have two guys that play tackle/center (Servais and Vettorello). Second off, guess this means we will definitely be seeing a lot of Vettorello. If the staff is high on him then I have no reason not to be and with Alexander being listed as a backup RT, you have to think that Vettorello is almost a lock to open the season starting at LT.

I still would like a line of (from left to right) Ryan Alexander, Dakota Davis, Sam Heckel, Evan Adams, Airon Servais. But, Dino & Co. know best and it looks like we will almost certainly have a line featuring at least one young tackle.

Interesting they put a true frosh at RT1 and not somebody like Qadir White. Motivation? Anthony got on campus in January, maybe he is impressing?

Interesting they put a true frosh at RT1 and not somebody like Qadir White. Motivation? Anthony got on campus in January, maybe he is impressing?

White's playing guard now.

IMO there are some big wows on the depth chart, some really interesting moves and backups and some omissions.

I still would like a line of (from left to right) Ryan Alexander, Dakota Davis, Sam Heckel, Evan Adams, Airon Servais. But, Dino & Co. know best and it looks like we will almost certainly have a line featuring at least one young tackle.
Same.

I also cant see Richards not playing , glad to see sharod he is my dark horse

Sharod listed as the back up at both WR spots ahead of anyone else. I think that's pretty big. They don't even put a 2nd guy on the two line.

Courtney listed as an OR is eye opening as well. He was the O recruit I liked the most.

I wish wrs put on a few more LBs, I don't see this roster playing out for august 31st but its something to talk about anyway
Anybody particularly impressing Tommy out of the wideouts this summer? I’ve been impressed with most of them since setting foot on campus.

I wonder where Culpepper fits in? I see him as QB2 myself but the staff knows better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom