We have a depth chart... | Syracusefan.com

We have a depth chart...

...and AAM at FB behind Corey Clevelend...

interesting...

First thing I saw... That's gotta be a mistake...

Not an error, per TOS. Yikes. Having him be the no 2 DE must be horrible news for our level of talent/depth or great news in that the staff thinks RT is next Freeney.

First thing I saw... That's gotta be a mistake...
It seems strange, but he's specifically mentioned in the article. it would seem to make more sense to move Broyld, who is not even on the depth chart (hope that's not bad news) and doesn't seem to have a set position. Why not move Manley and Coleman from DT to DE-We have a ton of depth there? Thanks, MPB

Hmmm. Thompson to DE is interesting. It may be a result of other TE's (Parris, Provo) we've brought in or are bringing in and the loss of MPB at DE. I think everyone was agreed that Thompson is a a great athlete. Maybe he was a step slow for TE after his injury. Most TE's have the physical makeup for DE, if he has the mental agressiveness he could be a beast. This may be the deepest secondary we've had for a few years. Reddish, Desir, Morgan and Whigham may not have loads of experience but each of them was pretty well regarded. I like Spruill to MLB but the depth there is kinda scary imo unless Arcinega is ready. WR is also kinda scary but hopefully these guys are ahead of Funderburk because they can play, not because he can't. If Allen ends up the QB do we finally see Kinder move? OL should be good but there shoudl be more depth considering the coach we had the last few years.

Thought Thompson was our next great TE. Surprising and disappointing. Must have a bunch of young John Mackeys on the roster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No inside info here, but Thompson to DE could also mean he is growing out of the TE position. He came here in the 240's without the benefit of a proper S and C program. He's already in the mid 250's without a full year of S and C as well. He very well has the frame to carry 270, 280 no problem.

If he were gimpy, it's doubtful he would be listed as the backup.

As for Funderburke, my guess it is a motivational tool ala Sales a couple years back.

Also, players listed as Redshirt Freshmen! No more of this "academic year because you have to earn that 5th year" nonsense.

First thing I noticed. When I saw Jerome Smith listed as a JR, I smiled. Now we actually get a much, much clearer eligibility picture.

THANK YOU SYRACUSE FOOTBALL

Thought Thompson was our next great TE. Surprising and disappointing. Must have a bunch of young John Mackeys on the roster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

have to agree. i was looking forward to seeing him at full speed taking on a olb or safety

If we are really using a lot of 4 and 5 WR sets maybe Thompson wouldn't see much playing time at TE since we wouldn't be using a TE often. Moving him to DE may be a way to make sure one of the best athletes on the team actually sees the field on a consistent basis. Personally, I would rather have him be a dominant DE and essentially shut down a side of the field on running plays while causing havoc as a pass rusher than see him as TE on the field 10-15% of the time and get 2-3 balls thrown at him a game.

Even the roster has been changed to reflect actual eligibility. They want to put me out of a job. :p

Although I don't see how John Miller is listed as a Soph when he spent 2 years at a JUCO and he's 3 to play 2.

If we are really using a lot of 4 and 5 WR sets maybe Thompson wouldn't see much playing time at TE since we wouldn't be using a TE often. Moving him to DE may be a way to make sure one of the best athletes on the team actually sees the field on a consistent basis. Personally, I would rather have him be a dominant DE and essentially shut down a side of the field on running plays while causing havoc as a pass rusher than see him as TE on the field 10-15% of the time and get 2-3 balls thrown at him a game.
I hear you, but apparently he had great hands, which will now be wasted. Makes much more sense to move Broyld, but maybe he wasn't willing.

I hear you, but apparently he had great hands, which will now be wasted. Makes much more sense to move Broyld, but maybe he wasn't willing.
Broyld isnt even on the chart...

Broyld as a DE? He's 220 lbs. I don't think so.

I have no problem moving Thompson to DE considering thats our biggest depth issue on the team. At TE, we have Parris and the next Provo coming in behind Wales, and are recruiting a bunch more TEs.

Looks like the defensive head coach stole a good one from the O for his side of the ball.

Hernz Laguerre, Jr. ... love the name for a LB.
Assume he's a walk-on?
  • must be quite an athlete - ran track & field in HS (1600 M and triple jump)
  • accomplished writer (prose & poetry)
  • Newhouse student
I may just have discovered my new favorite player.

Don't forget Aaron Batten's coming in too, may need some time but very athletic.

Even the roster has been changed to reflect actual eligibility. They want to put me out of a job. :p

Although I don't see how John Miller is listed as a Soph when he spent 2 years at a JUCO and he's 3 to play 2.
There will always be Quality Control. You'll never be out of work. :D

Hernz Laguerre, Jr. ... love the name for a LB.

Want a great name for a LB? How about Wolf Blitzer?
images

Not only that, he's so good he plays both ends of the line. At the same time. A legend is born.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom