We have a roster | Syracusefan.com

We have a roster

The six-six is legit:

07C5F852-525C-47D2-8DF3-1E3E61F96072.png

News: our starting PG is 6'5. He leads the league in steals, can find the open man, drain the outside shot, drive the lane, hit the floater or finish over size.

Bad news: our backup PG can do all those things. And he's 6'3".

[Edit]: Doh!

Last edited:
News: our starting PG is 6'5. He leads the league in steals, can find the open man, drain the outside shot, drive the lane, hit the floater or finish over size.

Bad news: our backup PG can do all those things. And he's 6'6".

The bad news might be that Carey is 168 lbs. BJ Johnson as a frosh thin. But sometimes thin guys can play (Dolezaj in March).

Yeah, I know the school's unofficial policy. Yeah, I know not everyone agrees with this.

But no matter who he is, I don't think a freshman should be given Sherman Douglas's number.

Kids who wear #33, on the other hand, make me irrationally happy. Hope Hughes has all the energy of Terence Roberts and Mike Hopkins put together.

Yeah, I know the school's unofficial policy. Yeah, I know not everyone agrees with this.

But no matter who he is, I don't think a freshman should be given Sherman Douglas's number.

Kids who wear #33, on the other hand, make me irrationally happy. Hope Hughes has all the energy of Terence Roberts and Mike Hopkins put together.

On the plus side the last time we had a freshman wear number 20 he helped lead us to the FF.

The bad news might be that Carey is 168 lbs. BJ Johnson as a frosh thin. But sometimes thin guys can play (Dolezaj in March).
Sometimes? Many many skinny guys are competitive in college basketball. NBA is another story. It’s not the size of the dog in the fight but rather the size of the fight in the dog! Typically skinny also equals quickness bigger guys can’t match up to. Just my primitive thoughts

Heck, let's give Jalen minutes at the 3.

I'm kidding.

Sometimes? Many many skinny guys are competitive in college basketball. NBA is another story. It’s not the size of the dog in the fight but rather the size of the fight in the dog! Typically skinny also equals quickness bigger guys can’t match up to. Just my primitive thoughts[/QUOTEJ]

We have seen the opposite as well. BJ was ineffective as a frosh -- pretty good at Lasalle once he added muscle in his 5th year. Rautins -- similar path. We have seen a gaggle of thin SU players who got a lot better as they got stronger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom