We may no longer be in the same conference on 7/1 | Syracusefan.com

We may no longer be in the same conference on 7/1

What a hopeless internet p*ssing match that is. I feel sorry for the guy that tried to jump into that mess.

The correct answer is "8/29 vs Penn State 4 hours away in front of alumni base as part of a mutli millon dollar contract or 8/29 @ Fresno State? Pick one".

Side note-Derek Carr and Devante Adams are a much scarier QB/WR combo then anything Penn State will have to offer.

Those kids over there are cute with their stories.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Its been said before and I will say it again, most delusional fan base in college sports by far. That Areyounuts guy is the biggest Cuse hater of them all, he talks like were the Rutgers team of the 90's. He said the same junk last year about SU and then had nothing to say after we won 8 games including Lville the team they lost to despite the fact that Bridgewater was playign on one foot and one hand. He disappears after any RU loss for days because he cant handle his own board calling him out. That guy and 99% of that board are living in a dream world.

Who cars about Rutgers, the obsession on this board with that dumpster fire of a program is absurd.

The Rutgers Obsession continues unabated. Oh Lord
images

The Rutgers Obsession continues unabated. Oh Lord
images

Again feel free to ignore this thread and post in one of the 1,000 other threads currently on the bball, Lacrosse, fball recruiting, bball recruiting, or OT board. Thanks.

This whole "look what happened to BC" shtick is insane. When BC joined the ACC it played in two ACC championship games and was ranked as high as 2 in the BCS pretty late in the season.

BC has accomplished more since going to the ACC than jersey state has done in 148 years of football.

Rutgers will have an attendance spike for sure. But the losses will pile up and once the novelty wears off their attendance will drop.

And as for us. We have just got out of our worst football period ever and we still have more BE titles in that time than they do in their history.

Whatever, we are done with that cesspool.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Again feel free to ignore this thread and post in one of the 1,000 other threads currently on the bball, Lacrosse, fball recruiting, bball recruiting, or OT board. Thanks.
Nothing personal, Jeremy.
My angst at the baffling obsession over all-things RU on this board, is not a reflection on you.
I just don't wanna miss a chance to express that POV, whenever one of these threads pop up.
You might even call it, dare I say, a "counter-obsession"?
Peace. :cool:

I'd be interested to see the numbers... wins against programs in a "BCS" conference (once it all shakes out next summer)...

All Time
Since the 80s
Since the 90s
Since the 00s
Hell... Since 2005 just to see how close we are
In Bowl Games

We'd end up on top in each one except the since 2005. and even then I bet it's pretty close. What a nothing program. I'd rather talk about Indiana football.

Nothing personal, Jeremy.
My angst at the baffling obsession over all-things RU on this board, is not a reflection on you.
I just don't wanna miss a chance to express that POV, whenever one of these threads pop up.
You might even call it, dare I say, a "counter-obsession"?
Peace. :cool:

No worries man, no obsession here but when I see Syracuse portrayed like that I feel obligated to let the board in on that nonsense. Obviously our involvement with RU moving forward will be little to none but having played them every year for the past 2-3 decades there is some interest by the posters on this board. I think moving forward you will be hearing less and less about RU, and someone new from the ACC will take there place, my money is on NC State.

No worries man, no obsession here but when I see Syracuse portrayed like that I feel obligated to let the board in on that nonsense. Obviously our involvement with RU moving forward will be little to none but having played them every year for the past 2-3 decades there is some interest by the posters on this board. I think moving forward you will be hearing less and less about RU, and someone new from the ACC will take there place, my money is on NC State.
Agree about NCState- the perennial little brother for both Duke & UNC.
They were relevant with Jimmy V 30 years ago, and the last impact fb player they had was Torry Holt.
But listening to their nonsense here in Charlotte, you'd think they're "On Their Way Back" to their fictional lofty status...any day now. :rolleyes:

Agree about NCState- the perennial little brother for both Duke & UNC.
They were relevant with Jimmy V 30 years ago, and the last impact fb player they had was Torry Holt.
But listening to their nonsense here in Charlotte, you'd think they're "On Their Way Back" to their fictional lofty status...any day now. :rolleyes:

Phillip Rivers was pretty good in college and is still cashing NFL checks.

Its been said before and I will say it again, most delusional fan base in college sports by far. That Areyounuts guy is the biggest Cuse hater of them all, he talks like were the Rutgers team of the 90's. He said the same junk last year about SU and then had nothing to say after we won 8 games including Lville the team they lost to despite the fact that Bridgewater was playign on one foot and one hand. He disappears after any RU loss for days because he cant handle his own board calling him out. That guy and 99% of that board are living in a dream world.

Would've went a long way in stifling that type of talk if we had beat them the past 2 seasons but sadly we didn't.

What a hopeless internet p*ssing match that is. I feel sorry for the guy that tried to jump into that mess.

The correct answer is "8/29 vs Penn State 4 hours away in front of alumni base as part of a mutli millon dollar contract or 8/29 @ Fresno State (with a 10 p.m. Eastern kick off)? Pick one".

Side note-Derek Carr and Devante Adams are a much scarier QB/WR combo then anything Penn State will have to offer.

Agreed, the 2011 loss was particularly brutal, literally gave that game away.

Ugliest game I've ever attended. Blocked kicks, int in their end zone passing from the 1 yard line, roughing the punter when we shouldnt have been trying for the block, fumble as we're driving to win in OT. I left the dome wondering what the hell I just watched.

Rutgers will have an attendance spike for sure. But the losses will pile up and once the novelty wears off their attendance will drop.

Rutgers is doomed to have 75% of their Big 10 games at noon. NJ is not getting up early for the beat downs.

The correct answer is "8/29 vs Penn State 4 hours away in front of alumni base as part of a mutli millon dollar contract or 8/29 @ Fresno State? Pick one".

Betonline has Fresno as an 8.5 favorite. They have Penn state as a 4 point favorite against Cuse.

Betonline has Fresno as an 8.5 favorite. They have Penn state as a 4 point favorite against Cuse.

Sounds about right. I expect Fresno to score alot of points this year and Rutgers loses a ton on defense. Will be interesting to see if Rutgers can put any semblence of an offense together this year to build on heading into the big leagues. Not sure their defense will only give up 14 ppg this year to keep them in games.

The Penn State line probably has alot more to do with name recognition IE if Syracuse and Penn State exchanged rosters and coaching staffs Penn State would still be a 4 point favorite because THEY ARE... PENN STATE. Both teams have a lot of the same ?s going into the season.

Rutgers is looking to regain the peak they attained in 1869.

a.k.a. "The Glory Year"

BC has accomplished more since going to the ACC than jersey state has done in 148 years . 2

Exactly. Well said.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom