We need another guard | Syracusefan.com

We need another guard

Unless he puts in a ton of work this year and transforms his body. I don’t see a place for Girard here after this year. Undersized, slow, poor feel for the game, poor passing, poor agility, poor dribbling. He’s a good shooter, and that is not even showing right now. He lacks any confidence. But you can see he is completely over his head in competition.

Well I saw we were up by 10 and only won by 2. I guess that would explain it
Yeah Q and Kadary played until they couldn’t walk, complementing Buddy’s all star performance. In the end we held off a predictable UNC comeback with 2 of our best 3 sidelined and Jesse fouled out

Agree with these comments on Joe. However, he did make 3 of 4 key free throws near the end. Of course that reflects his shooting ability and nothing else

I’m not ready to give up on Joe after year 2 when most thought he would barely see the court by now(Thank you Jalen). There have been games he’s played well next to Kadary when Buddy was awful. Fans have short memories.

Marek and Joe clearly lack confidence in their handle, and Marek is aiming shots. Joe needs to soul search this summer.

Girard has shot 38% from 2 and 32% from three last year and 40% from 2 and 32% from 3 this year while averaging 2 turnovers a game. That is not close to efficient.

He was 1-10 for 3 in that game he had 30 and we lost. Why do people keep using that game as a positive?
He’s also scored more than twenty on several occasions.

He’s also scored more than twenty on several occasions.

bottom line, him and buddy can not be on the court at the same time. You want him to play the 2, he can be serviceable as a backup. But him and buddy together give up too much on defense and do not create any ball movement on offense. They can not play together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom