We need men at WR | Syracusefan.com

We need men at WR

Newhouser

Hall of Fame
Talented crew that plays hard but they look like high school kids compared to other WR units we see. Not a good game at QB but we have issues getting open.

Same crew we recruited. They dont put on 25 in an offseason. We didnt recruit Jackson per se

I always qualify my responses on matters of X's and O's with I dont know scheme's like many on this board, but I watch as much football as anyone and I NEVER can remember so many receivers out of bounds when the play is over. Its insane. Tommy's pick can be debated, but what on God's green earth was Johnson doing? He completely gave up out of bounds.. there was a handful of times that our receivers are all ready out of bounds when the ball is in the air... Bad timing, not physical enough? all the above?

All I am going to say is if the current group of wide outs both slot and wide receiver other than Trishton Jackson and not consistently enough T. Harris are the best Syracuse has, something is wrong. They have recruited lots of WR's over the last two classes and it should be painfully obvious to even a casual observer that the ones getting the lions share of the playing time are not getting it done.

Talented crew that plays hard but they look like high school kids compared to other WR units we see. Not a good game at QB but we have issues getting open.
We have guys with size. I guess they don't see the field because they're bad at other stuff.

It all comes down to recruiting.

Unless you have a stud on the collegiate level at QB or a Mike Leach level scheme master, you need dudes.

No clue what happened to our defense today. We actually have guys on that side of the ball. Linebackers are a joke, but with the DL and Secondary we have, the blame needs to be put on coaching first and foremost.

On offense, we have a QB who, as of now, is very mediocre behind an OL & WR/TE full of recruits that make up classes in the 50’s and 60’s.

Not very surprising that a 4 star guy like Trishton Jackson is the only one who looked like he belonged out there on the offensive side of the ball.

Taj, Nykeim and co. are showing why recruiting rankings matter. We’ve played 2 games, and both teams had WR talent better than us.

Where was this talk last year when they were schooling fools and breaking records?
Dungey was a lot better than many of us (myself included) gave credit for. We also had a better OL, QB run threat and a jump ball guy in Custis.

Consistency, or inconsistency, year to year is also a byproduct of recruiting.

If you’re going to roll with a pocket passer, you better have talent around him.

Jackson’s going to be fine but I’d like to see what’s going on all those times TD has no one to pass to.

yes sir, that all 22 will be the truth serum. Unfortunately we dont get to see that, but I was thinking the same thing. And not to beat a dead horse, but why are the WR's continually OB before the ball is in the air?

All I can say is that you had two impartial guys broadcasting the game both saying over and over again that DeVito had nobody to throw too. That should be enough to understand the situation regarding Syracuse's wide receiver situation.

This thread baffles me.

1567904603396.png

TD threw for a much higher % of completions, more yds, higher avg per throw, and had the same 3/1 tds/ints as Maryland. I'd take this line every game. We won the passing game.

SU lost this game because it got blown out in the running game.

Attachments

• 1567904590644.png
    1567904590644.png
    3.8 KB · Views: 5
This thread baffles me.

View attachment 169638

TD threw for a much higher % of completions, more yds, higher avg per throw, and had the same 3/1 tds/ints as Maryland. I'd take this line every game. We won the passing game.

SU lost this game because it got blown out in the running game.
Two turnovers cost us 14 points though. Can’t be ignored.

As for this thread, I think using a tight end would help a lot. What happened to simple ten yard routes right down the seam?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom