We need some trickeration to beat Pitt | Syracusefan.com

We need some trickeration to beat Pitt

Not a bad idea if a WR can get open. Have Mang Block out wide and maybe it can still be a positive running play if nobody is open.

What we need is to win in the trenches; NC State destroyed us on the line of scrimmage.
Sadly, you are correct but Oburg has a point. We probably need some easy points to have a chance. Black might be out on the DL and the OL has been a train wreck the last two games

When is Tucker going to pull up and fire a pass downfield? Can’t be any worse than Shrader throwing and I’m sure Pitt will not be looking for it. We need to pull out all the stops to get to 6 wins. Dino’s job may depend on it

We're saving that for a winning 2 point conversion.

Assuming that we can get the play off before we get called for delay.

I think trickeration for us at this point is having Courtney Jackson come across the formation before the snap and then not giving him the ball.

It's good for a yard or two every time.

Yeah, faking the end around/jet sweep action, and then NEVER actually handing it off to the WR…

Is just setting up some team with the long con, when we finally go nuts and hand the ball off to him!!!

They’ll never see it coming. :p

Gots to mix it up and get excited!
Screen passes to Tucker, roll outs and more screen passes to Tuck, run the hell out of Tuck, utilize a TE (do we have one?) slants, play option, trick plays Garrett must run and plow down players with his 230 lbs., go all out, everybody sacrifice the body for this game pull out all stops!
Crowd must be loud, very loud and coaches and sidelines need to whoop it up big time.
If we try all of the above, we might have a chance for the upset of the week.
I still have hope.

(Queue the bubble screen jokes)

Does anyone remember last year when our QB (I think Culpepper), pump faked the bubble screen pass to Taj and then passed down the sideline to the lead blocker, Benson for a TD? That was an excellent designed and executed play. It was used once and that was it. Why would they not go back to that at least 1-2 times this year!?!?!

Nah, we don't need trickeration. Ball control, flip the field, run the clock, keep it close and see if we have a shot in the 4th.

I hate everything.

Sadly at this point I think our best chance to win is if Pitt is just completely disinterested and trips all over themselves.

Pitt has an elite offense. An NFL prospect at QB in Kenny Pickett and an elite WR in Jordan Addison.
Let’s get one thing perfectly clear. They are going to steam roll us. It’s going to be ugly.

No amount of trickery will make a difference.

Somehow sneak Icy Hot into their jocks and play Air Supply in a continuous loop in their locker room.
I'm trying to figure out which one of those two things is worse.

call time out after the first 3 plays of the game regardless if we kick or receive. just take that
monkey out of the equation when it might actually cost us later . less 3d chess for dino to screw up.

I’ve always thought that with defenses keying in on our elite running back, we should try a flea flicker. I don’t know, I’m not an Xs and Os guy.

I’ve always thought that with defenses keying in on our elite running back, we should try a flea flicker. I don’t know, I’m not an Xs and Os guy.
You mean have QB 1 throw the ball?

Pitt has an elite offense. An NFL prospect at QB in Kenny Pickett and an elite WR in Jordan Addison.
Let’s get one thing perfectly clear. They are going to steam roll us. It’s going to be ugly.

No amount of trickery will make a difference.
Go away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom