We still need a QB this class, right? Not any more. | Syracusefan.com

We still need a QB this class, right? Not any more.

Kind of out there, but I wonder if we'd put a feeler out to Jack Tuttle.

A '19 QB visited a couple weeks ago. No idea who it was or how interested we are. I refuse to pay for recruiting info b/c I'm cheap. Yes, you would think they would want to bring in someone.

It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't go for a QB this year. DeVito has 3 more years, Chance has 4 more years, and I think Welch has more years if he wants also. And then there is Culpepper if they get short handed. Four deep is pretty deep, and they can all play and know the offense.

Kind of out there, but I wonder if we'd put a feeler out to Jack Tuttle.

I would think coming to Syracuse would mean that he thinks he could beat out Devito for QB1.
Otherwise, he's in the same situation as he was in Utah.
That might be a tall order to fill.

I would think coming to Syracuse would mean that he thinks he could beat out Devito for QB1.
Otherwise, he's in the same situation as he was in Utah.
That might be a tall order to fill.
Yeah, that's why I'm thinking a feeler is appropriate, and it could become more if he's into it.

But yeah, if the dude is expecting to walk in and have the job, this isn't the place for him.

A '19 QB visited a couple weeks ago. No idea who it was or how interested we are. I refuse to pay for recruiting info b/c I'm cheap. Yes, you would think they would want to bring in someone.
Kid was preferred walk on level.

next yr it becomes a priority and if its coming off 2 solid yrs it could be a good time to find a kid.

Could be a gigantic need if Chance bolts after next year if Tommy looks like a no doubt 3 year starter. Good QBs don't wait around 4 years to get a shot as a RS SR. Don't want to get stuck with 0 depth behind Tommy next year.

Could be a gigantic need if Chance bolts after next year if Tommy looks like a no doubt 3 year starter. Good QBs don't wait around 4 years to get a shot as a RS SR. Don't want to get stuck with 0 depth behind Tommy next year.

That's the conundrum that faces the staff. My hope is that they can evaluate some QB this year that is under the radar but is good/solid and will be on the Hill for 4 years...kind of like a Mahoney.

I don't know who the QB1 will be next year but assume it's TD and CA being from Texas and as you wrote, playing behind TD would make him possibly anxious to play/home sick and how the Dino and the staff handle this is going to be huge. I have full confidence in the staff to handle this in every possible scenario to have a full quality core of QB's as we all know QB2 is always a snap away from seeing the field.

I doubt we bring one on this class. Two blue-chippers in as many years. I’d imagine ‘20 is the year we take another.

You can’t anticipate and don’t expect a transfer.

I think both Tommy and Chance play in ‘19.

What happens if Tommy starts all of 2019 and Chance decides he wants to transfer for 2020?

What happens if Tommy starts all of 2019 and Chance decides he wants to transfer for 2020?

Then we are caught with our pants down unless we bring in a kid who's ready to play in next years class.

Then we are caught with our pants down unless we bring in a kid who's ready to play in next years class.

Or we can bring in a grad transfer, im sure dino can fill that void if needed

Ideally, we'd bring in a quality QB prospect every year.

Looks like we missed out on our targets this year, so it might not make sense to do so with the limited scholarships available unless the staff unearths another Dungey.

Just makes QB a bigger priority for the class of 2020.

If we pass on QB this class I am hoping we can go after a big time QB in 2020. Anyone know of the top 2020 QB's we could have a shot at? I know it's a ways off but QB's tend to commit early. I am sure we will know a lot more in February, just wondering if there are some names i could check out.

you'd still have Culpepper for a year and you'll 'hopefully' have a blue chipper entering Syracuse in August of 2020. Not ideal but it's 2 years away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom