We still need a QB this class, right? Not any more. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

We still need a QB this class, right? Not any more.

I doubt we bring one on this class. Two blue-chippers in as many years. I’d imagine ‘20 is the year we take another.

You can’t anticipate and don’t expect a transfer.

I think both Tommy and Chance play in ‘19.

Bingo. Expect the staff to go all-in in 2020 on a prized QB.

Bingo. Expect the staff to go all-in in 2020 on a prized QB.

Given the way our staff has spoken about how this year will make an impact on the 2020 class, and if we get off to a hot start in 2019 (no reason not to believe we could be at least 4-1 depending on the Sept. 14 opponent)... I am hopeful/somewhat expecting quite a big fish... is that crazy?

How about revisiting Sam Johnson? The michigan QB headed to BC.

Given the way our staff has spoken about how this year will make an impact on the 2020 class, and if we get off to a hot start in 2019 (no reason not to believe we could be at least 4-1 depending on the Sept. 14 opponent)... I am hopeful/somewhat expecting quite a big fish... is that crazy?

not crazy at all

Could be a gigantic need if Chance bolts after next year if Tommy looks like a no doubt 3 year starter. Good QBs don't wait around 4 years to get a shot as a RS SR. Don't want to get stuck with 0 depth behind Tommy next year.
Todd Philcox says "?". (Back when waiting your turn was the norm.)

you'd still have Culpepper for a year and you'll 'hopefully' have a blue chipper entering Syracuse in August of 2020. Not ideal but it's 2 years away.
Rex is a TE now. I'm not sure betting that you can pick up a blue chipper is a great strategy. That blue chipper would have to be #2 on the depth chart too. Quite the gamble.

Rex is a TE now. I'm not sure betting that you can pick up a blue chipper is a great strategy. That blue chipper would have to be #2 on the depth chart too. Quite the gamble.

So is bringing in a BList QB who takes up a ship.

If Rex needed to play QB he could.

No kidding and that's without factoring in that QB recruiting is about a 50/50 proposition any way. That's why every big school usually tries to grab at least 1 every year. Essentially hoping to hit on 1 every 2/3 years.

I'm going to guess we took our shot at a few high end QBs and didn't want to reach and waste a scholarship
At some point you are going to have to just trust Dino and staff...

I'm going to guess we took our shot at a few high end QBs and didn't want to reach and waste a scholarship
At some point you are going to have to just trust Dino and staff...
At some point its ok to disagree with the staff with thoughtful reasoning too.

At some point its ok to disagree with the staff with thoughtful reasoning too.
You sure can, but on bringing in another QB I'm sure the staff did their homework and attemtpted to bring a kid they wanted and where not just "welp we are solid at QB no need to get one till 2020"

Curious if Fields will stay at Georgia since Fromm is going to be a junior?

Oh...no, not at all. It is usually a domino effect when this happens and was hoping that it could play into something positive for SU.

Haha didn't think so but who knows on here sometimes

Yes, they need to recruit a QB every class. To important not to.

While I agree with you Whitey, it's hard to do. Kids want to play and so many teams are always looking for you to start thus having TD many won't be interested in being QB2 fro 3 years. I'm very very curious to know what Babers looks at in HS QB's and what is said regarding this.

While I agree with you Whitey, it's hard to do. Kids want to play and so many teams are always looking for you to start thus having TD many won't be interested in being QB2 fro 3 years. I'm very very curious to know what Babers looks at in HS QB's and what is said regarding this.
To me, you sell the fact that you are competing for the #1 spot vs a QB that hasnt started a game. We know TD is good but to the outside world he hasnt done anything yet. You have to sell that to potential transfers or prospects. You also have to tell them, they most likely could be #2 and one hit away from being the starter.

There are still unsigned 2019 QBs out there and the staff is looking at them.

Reactions: 007
Saw Kramer Cook and others on staff have recently followed David Baldwin (IMG) and Lance Legrende (La.) who are 2 '19 QB's. No other information on actual recruitment but thought I'd share based upon recent Amie situation.

Saw Kramer Cook and others on staff have recently followed David Baldwin (IMG) and Lance Legrende (La.) who are 2 '19 QB's. No other information on actual recruitment but thought I'd share based upon recent Amie situation.
Yes. There are those and someone else.

the question I would ask is when did they start following those two?

edit I see they have recently followed them

Would Sam Saxton be the third guy? From the same locale as Coach Martin, has a P5 offer (Rutgers), crystal ball says he's going to Michigan State.

Levi Williams I would also ask about, for similar reasons.

No idea what Baldwin’s deal is but Lance Legrende has upcoming visits to Tennessee 1/18 and FSU 1/25. The staff has their work cut out for them but imo big time selling point right now is you basically step into #2 and could be a multi year starter after DeVito. Not many places can offer that incentive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom