We went from no sports to lots of sports this weekend. | Syracusefan.com

We went from no sports to lots of sports this weekend.

I’ve been on tilt for a couple weeks now. US open tennis, UEFA and the return of Premier League are all in the mix, too. I hate that the flyers lost but I can’t even fathom this if I was actually invested in a team playing every other day.

Realized the other night after watching two NBA games that I haven't really spent much time with the missus lately. That hadn't happened since before the shutdown when we were all watching the NCAA games. Going to have to make that up to her.

Probably never see such an overlap again.
US Open Golf
NBA Playoffs
NHL Playoffs
MLB homestretch
NFL week 2
CFB week 2
WNBA playoffs
MLS
I like how you added Mls and Wnba like anyone is watching those two.;)

I like how you added Mls and Wnba like anyone is watching those two.;)
Originally I had a separate category for those two but in the spirit of things I added them in. I saw a stat the other day that in the NHL playoffs Eastern series, Tampa was the #1 market with 4% of households and NYC #2 with 1.3%. Very small. What does WNBA draw. Must be like nothing.

Originally I had a separate category for those two but in the spirit of things I added them in. I saw a stat the other day that in the NHL playoffs Eastern series, Tampa was the #1 market with 4% of households and NYC #2 with 1.3%. Very small. What does WNBA draw. Must be like nothing.
Hockey isn't big in ny unless the Rangers are in the playoffs. The Islanders and Devils don't draw flies.

Hockey isn't big in ny unless the Rangers are in the playoffs. The Islanders and Devils don't draw flies.
Well now, let's you and I put on some pads and lace things up tight for a little "corner" battle ;)

I've been an Islanders fan since the mid 1970's when they drafted Dennis Potvin. Man, I was in another world in the early 1980's. Been a lot of tough years since then, but nice to see them "hanging on" in the playoffs this year. Rarely get to see them on TV up here unfortunately. However, have obviously caught all of their playoff games. They are a gritty bunch for sure, but will be tough to win two more against a more talented Lightning team. Let's go ISLES.

islanders.jpg

Well now, let's you and I put on some pads and lace things up tight for a little "corner" battle ;)

I've been an Islanders fan since the mid 1970's when they drafted Dennis Potvin. Man, I was in another world in the early 1980's. Been a lot of tough years since then, but nice to see them "hanging on" in the playoffs this year. Rarely get to see them on TV up here unfortunately. However, have obviously caught all of their playoff games. They are a gritty bunch for sure, but will be tough to win two more against a more talented Lightning team. Let's go ISLES.

View attachment 188156
Yup, I am with you and Mike Bossy and Billy Smith rule, boo Rangers!
Me and my brother got to see at least a couple of those Stanley Cup championship wins right behind one of the hard cameras (my cousin’s first husband). We had no idea how good we had it when we were punk kids.

View attachment 188156
I'm a Rangers fan but my hats off to your team they have had a hell of a run. Lou Lamarello sp is a genius. But you know the Islanders are like they 8th team in ny.

Yeah last night was like the day after the all star game with no football or NBA/NHL playoffs the red sox actually got some run on TV2 when I played vids and watched hulu.

I love the MLS. My deepest wish would be to have a pro/ref system with multiple leagues in the US ala UK. Soccer is such a fun sport to watch imo

Yup, I am with you and Mike Bossy and Billy Smith rule, boo Rangers!
Me and my brother got to see at least a couple of those Stanley Cup championship wins right behind one of the hard cameras (my cousin’s first husband). We had no idea how good we had it when we were punk kids.
Good for you. Memories like that never go away.

I was not a punk kid in 1980 (I was 32). I lived in Ottawa at the time and that final game was on a nice, warm sunny afternoon. I had my TV out in the back yard and was screaming like a banchie when Nystrom scored that goal. A lot of my neighbours started looking over the wood fences wondering what the heck was going on :confused:

I'm a Rangers fan but my hats off to your team they have had a hell of a run. Lou Lamarello sp is a genius. But you know the Islanders are like they 8th team in ny.
Ya, Lou is indeed something special. However, hard to find a better GM than Bill Torery during their glory days.

I think we all like to dump on what is normally called "bandwagon" fans. Maybe ESPN falls into that category right now. Today they had an article on their website that the Islanders are "currently" the king of sports in the New York City area. Hmmmmm. The only way that would probably happen is to put another dynasty together. NYC will probably always be about Yankees, Giants, Rangers and Knicks. But what do I know since I live so far away.

Good for you. Memories like that never go away.

I was not a punk kid in 1980 (I was 32). I lived in Ottawa at the time and that final game was on a nice, warm sunny afternoon. I had my TV out in the back yard and was screaming like a banchie when Nystrom scored that goal. A lot of my neighbours started looking over the wood fences wondering what the heck was going on :confused:
Heck of a fight tonight and the entire playoffs. What a game - they lost but played their butts off.
Very proud of this team.

Heck of a fight tonight and the entire playoffs. What a game - they lost but played their butts off.
Very proud of this team.
Ya what else can you ask for? Tampa was just better. Rangers/isles next year is going to be a lot of fun. Hopefully it creates some buzz in ny.

I felt really bad for goalie Varlamov having that losing goal go off the post, then off his pad and into the net. After how he played last night, and throughout the series, he probably deserved better. Hey, my Islanders did better than I initially expected considering they were a 5 or 6 seed in the East when play returned and made it to the Conference final.

Is JB Consultiing with Miami? The zone is causing the Celtics fit right now. Kemba saw it enough

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom