Weather Update | Syracusefan.com

Weather Update

DwhGu6wUwAAonnm

Yea, I'm coming from Rochester and am debating going to the game depending on how the ride home will be.

if this was a 8pm game it might not be played. 2pm getting home by 5ish it just might be slow getting home.

we moved all our games up 4 hrs sat to try to get ahead of it.. not sure dartmouth is gonna have a fun ride home though.

if this was a 8pm game it might not be played. 2pm getting home by 5ish it just might be slow getting home.

we moved all our games up 4 hrs sat to try to get ahead of it.. not sure dartmouth is gonna have a fun ride home though.
I wonder if Cuse gave serious thought at starting the game at noon instead of two.

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Binghamton NY
323 PM EST Fri Jan 18 2019

Northern Oneida-Yates-Seneca-Southern Cayuga-Onondaga-
Including the cities of Boonville, Penn Yan, Seneca Falls, Auburn, and Syracuse

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM NOON SATURDAY TO 4 PM EST SUNDAY...

* WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 11 to 17 inches expected. Winds could gust as
high as 35 mph Sunday afternoon, with areas of blowing and drifting snow.

* WHERE...Northern Oneida, Yates, Seneca, Southern Cayuga and Onondaga Counties.

* WHEN...From noon Saturday to 4 PM EST Sunday. The heaviest snow is expected to fall Saturday evening into
Sunday morning. Snowfall rates of 1 to 2 inches per hour are expected during this time.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Travel could be very difficult to impossible. Also, winds will pick up considerably
Sunday afternoon, causing blowing snow and dangerously low wind chills into Sunday night.

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Binghamton NY

Northern Oneida-Yates-Seneca-Southern Cayuga-Onondaga-
Including the cities of Boonville, Penn Yan, Seneca Falls, Auburn, and Syracuse

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM NOON SATURDAY TO 4 PM EST SUNDAY...

* WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 11 to 17 inches expected. Winds could gust as
high as 35 mph Sunday afternoon, with areas of blowing and drifting snow.

* WHERE...Northern Oneida, Yates, Seneca, Southern Cayuga and Onondaga Counties.

* WHEN...From noon Saturday to 4 PM EST Sunday. The heaviest snow is expected to fall Saturday evening into
Sunday morning. Snowfall rates of 1 to 2 inches per hour are expected during this time.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Travel could be very difficult to impossible. Also, winds will pick up considerably
Sunday afternoon, causing blowing snow and dangerously low wind chills into Sunday night.
Game on winter!

Yea, I'm coming from Rochester and am debating going to the game depending on how the ride home will be.
We are in the same boat and don't want to get stuck

Light snow is expected to start spreading across Upstate New York by mid-morning, the National Weather Service said. The timing of the heaviest snow, when snowfall rates reach 1 inch per hour, has been moved up slightly. For Central New York, that’s now expected to happen between 3 and 5 p.m.

That could affect fans heading home after the Syracuse University men’s basketball game at the Carrier Dome, which starts at 2 p.m.

The heaviest snow is still expected to fall after dark. A foot of snow is expected in Syracuse, Albany and other Upstate cities between 7 tonight and 7 a.m. Sunday. Snowfall rates could reach 3 or even 4 inches an hour; at that rate, plows can’t keep up and streets will remain snow covered.

Pete Sala is not going to leave the Dome until tomorrow afternoon. He always is vigilant during the storms because the snow could hurt the roof.

I’m struggling on what to do. Do I make the trip from just a little north of Booneville? I travel through Rome and then the thruway. Coming down should not be a problem, but coming back between 4:00-6:00 pm is questionable.

I’m struggling on what to do. Do I make the trip from just a little north of Booneville? I travel through Rome and then the thruway. Coming down should not be a problem, but coming back between 4:00-6:00 pm is questionable.
I’m questioning coming from Rochester but I’ll probably still go and just take my time on my way home.

Light snow is expected to start spreading across Upstate New York by mid-morning, the National Weather Service said. The timing of the heaviest snow, when snowfall rates reach 1 inch per hour, has been moved up slightly. For Central New York, that’s now expected to happen between 3 and 5 p.m.

That could affect fans heading home after the Syracuse University men’s basketball game at the Carrier Dome, which starts at 2 p.m.

The heaviest snow is still expected to fall after dark. A foot of snow is expected in Syracuse, Albany and other Upstate cities between 7 tonight and 7 a.m. Sunday. Snowfall rates could reach 3 or even 4 inches an hour; at that rate, plows can’t keep up and streets will remain snow covered.
Yoiks!

I’ve white knuckled it on the Thruway after Cuse games before. Not fun at all. The timing of this couldn’t be worse, in regards to the game.

Dang, north of Booneville...you must really live in the 'boonies.' ;) Be safe!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom