Week 1 Depth Chart for Liberty | Syracusefan.com

Week 1 Depth Chart for Liberty

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

Syracuse releases its Week 1 depth chart. Of note: Ryan Alexander is a backup OT. Carlos Vettorello starting opposite Airon Servais. Dakota Davis starting over Darius Tisdale at G. Clayton Welch is QB2 Moe Neal over Abdul Adams at RB1 Antwan Cordy at FS2 and CB2

Was rooting for Rex, but Clayton’s been impressive so I’ve heard.

Still a huge gap between the 1 and 2 that we need to work to tighten.
Huge gap between the 1s and 2s in general, or 1 and 2 at QB?

Bailey needs to charge his phone. :p

4-2-5 D alignment - do we stick with that if Liberty starts getting their run game going?
Will be great to see Trill get LOTS of run, as a starter in this alignment.

Also - props to Courtney Jackson for already cracking the 2-deep at WR with an OR.
Kid could be this year's Taj.

Lastly - nice to see Cordy at the 2 spot for both S and DB.
Kid's a gamer, and it's great that he'll likely see the field a goodly amount.

Bailey needs to charge his phone. :p

4-2-5 D alignment - do we stick with that if Liberty starts getting their run game going?
Will be great to see Trill get LOTS of run, as a starter in this alignment.

Also - props to Courtney Jackson for already cracking the 2-deep at WR with an OR.
Kid could be this year's Taj.

Lastly - nice to see Cordy at the 2 spot for both S and DB.
Kid's a gamer, and it's great that he'll likely see the field a goodly amount.
Yeah I take it to mean C. Jackson is going to play a lot this season.

Cordy’s like 10-15 lb heavier than I remember him being

I think OL is written in pencil... They will be shifting the first two weeks, IMO.

Good to see Cordy on there. Moe Neal holding off Adams for #1 is a surprise (though I'm sure both will get plenty of run, plus #3 and #4).

Nice to see Iffy starting at CB. Was that known or was it a battle with Scoop?

I am friggin pumped.

It's not shocking to see Courtney Jackson crack the 2-deep. The kid was the MVP of the spring game IMHO. I watched him in person find pockets all over the field. He's fluid, quick and has good hands.

I like the OL 5. I expect to see this change a few times, but Vetty is going to surprise some people. Kid is a mauler. Servais losing that weight makes sense in hindsight. He's protecting Tommy's blindside.

Also, they're in a 4-2-5 base set, but with Trill's LB size at the nickel, they're basically in a fluid 4-3... I expect to see some sets with 6 DB's this year... Cordy and/or Scoop being the 6th. Mikel comes in as the 3rd LB in hammer sets.

Lastly, that secondary and DL is ridic. Everyone keeps talking about the offense, but the defense is going to be LEGIT this year. Cannot remember the last time we had so many playmakers on D. An actual NO FLY ZONE.

Oranges up...

People need to remember Moe was easily a 1000 yard rusher last year had we not had such a knowledgeable/dependable senior back in Strick and a bowling ball in Howard.

Moe and Adams are each studs. Havent been this excited about a backfield since PTG/Jerome/AAM

The pronunciation guide always has some weird choices.

Like, if you need the SID to walk you through the phonetic pronunciation of a simple name like "Lakeim," maybe a career working with the English language isn't for you.

I take it as a positive.

At first I was terrified, thinking Vettorello was a true freshman. Didn't read it closely and I guess haven't paid enough attention.

I feel better realizing he's been here a year.

I'm interested to see what Servais can do at OT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom