Week 3 Depth Chart for Clemson | Syracusefan.com

Week 3 Depth Chart for Clemson

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
1568042569425.png

Last edited:
Stephen Bailey:
Syracuse’s Week 3 depth chart (Clemson): Only meaningful takeaway is that Eric Coley replaces Devon Clarke as SS2. As far as the o-line shuffle/Sam Heckel’s status and the potential return of DT McKinley Williams, what Dino Babers says at his presser will be far more valuable.

On that note, just saw injured DT McKinley Williams rolling around on his cart on my way into Dino's presser. Still had a hard cast on his left foot. So either he's not cleared yet or Dino Babers is playing some head games with Clemson (I'm like 99% kidding here).

Babers says that injured C Sam Heckel is unlikely to play against Clemson, but isn't ruling him out. He's waiting to talk with the medical staff about DT McKinley Williams.

Last edited:
im guessing williams is out until our first bye on october 5th

im guessing williams is out until our first bye on october 5th

I fear it’ll be longer. Sounds like something similar to Frank Howard. Even when the cast came off he was in a boot for weeks. Hope I’m wrong, we need him.

My god, Harper will have to get meaningful snaps.

I fear it’ll be longer. Sounds like something similar to Frank Howard. Even when the cast came off he was in a boot for weeks. Hope I’m wrong, we need him.
We need him more next year.

If it's something that is more than half the season, would they shut him down, do a RS and then he can do his fifth year (do I have that right in terms of eligibility)?

Let Williams come back fully healed. Play in 4 games and get him the redshirt. Would be real nice if we could get him back next year with Black.
Yes and black needs an additional 20 lbs or so on him cause he got drove off ball 2 to 3 yds every play. Here’s to hoping ur right.

Black is very strong but at 270 pounds it doesn't matter if he can bench an elephant he is giving up 30-50 pounds. Weights dont push back. Big O lineman do.

If it's something that is more than half the season, would they shut him down, do a RS and then he can do his fifth year (do I have that right in terms of eligibility)?
That would be punting this year for next. They would never do that.

Yes and black needs an additional 20 lbs or so on him cause he got drove off ball 2 to 3 yds every play. Here’s to hoping ur right.

Black is very strong but at 270 pounds it doesn't matter if he can bench an elephant he is giving up 30-50 pounds. Weights dont push back. Big O lineman do.

exactly so can we finally establish that trying to put 50lbs on defensive ends and moving them inside isn't a very good recipe for DT success????? but but but that one time...

the dline isnt the issue as much as LB mistakes and DBs messing coverages up.

I need to go back and watch but I'm not sure I agree here. They were handled pretty easily by MD and the holes were opened where MD wanted them open. The 2 backups got pushed around pretty good to.

by the way, when are you bringing back the screen shot analysis. don't let the day job get in the way.

Last edited:
Foster and Cordy absolutely need to step up. If Cordy can’t track the RB off the edge we need to put stritz or coley in.

We just cannot afford to have Etienne run free sideline to sideline

the dline isnt the issue as much as LB mistakes and DBs messing coverages up.

Yep - if Jackson's first reads were wide open, our DE's didn't have a chance to get there.

I need to go back and watch but I'm not sure I agree here. They were handled pretty easily by MD and the holes were opened where MD wanted them open. The 2 backups got pushed around pretty good to.

by the way, when are you bringing back the screen shot analysis. don't let the day job get in the way.
its more an issue of 1mb DSL really making it hard to rewatch the games. i might have Fiber in a week if all goes well.. i will try harder next week to recap the clemson game but if its another 40+ game its hard to sit thru and make sense of that many mistakes..

also I noted a real lack of any high coverage angles on TV. but the clemson game is setting record for Cameras in the dome so hopefully that leads to some better pictures.

exactly so can we finally establish that trying to put 50lbs on defensive ends and moving them inside isn't a very good recipe for DT success????? but but but that one time...
I don’t disagree with ya. Also look at his stance. It was horrible. Worse he barely got doubled and still got pushed around.

you have 2 choices,, get bigs to sign or get smalls to sign and build them up best you can. you cant order two 3 techniques on amazon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom