Week 6 Polls (3/20/17): Media #6 / Coaches #5 | Syracusefan.com

Week 6 Polls (3/20/17): Media #6 / Coaches #5

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Maverik Division I Media Poll: Four Unbeaten Teams — Who is No. 1?

Welcome to the No. 1 spot, Rutgers.

The Scarlet Knights are the top dog in Division I lacrosse after an 8-0 start to the season and wins against the likes of Stony Brook, Brown and Princeton.

Rutgers becomes the fifth team to be No. 1 this season. Only Maryland has held on to the No. 1 ranking for consecutive weeks (Weeks 2 and 3).

The voting reflects the uncertainty in the polls: Six different teams received first-place votes, and both No. 3 Penn State (11) and No. 2 Notre Dame (10) received more first-place nods than Rutgers (7) did.

Ohio State, after a dominant performance against previously-No. 1 Denver, is the clear winner this week, rising from No. 17 to No. 4. The Buckeyes are one of four undefeated teams are in the top five — three of which are in the Big Ten.

Get the full Maverik Media Poll here.

C7XojfkXQAA92aT.jpg

Last edited:
Soooooooo, does Delaware now become #1, you know, because they beat Rutgers?

ND should be the clear #1 this week. Syracuse may climb as high as #3 - my guess is probably #4, but tOSU lost, too so we could move up a couple spots.

Rutgers did not deserve to sniff the top five in spite of 8 wins to start with, non were really impressive and they are too slow to be elite. Likely a tourney team but likely an early out, too.

Soooooooo, does Delaware now become #1, you know, because they beat Rutgers?

ND should be the clear #1 this week. Syracuse may climb as high as #3 - my guess is probably #4, but tOSU lost, too so we could move up a couple spots.

Rutgers did not deserve to sniff the top five in spite of 8 wins to start with, non were really impressive and they are too slow to be elite. Likely a tourney team but likely an early out, too.
Not so sure about none of RU's wins being impressive. They did handle Army, and we know what Army did in the dome. Realistically it is still early in the parody era of college lacrosse. I would assume there will be constant movement in the top 7 all season long. I don't think we will see a 15-0 champion any time soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom