Week 7 Depth Chart / Injury Updates for NC State | Syracusefan.com

Week 7 Depth Chart / Injury Updates for NC State

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
1570456342090.png

Stephen Bailey
Syracuse’s Week 7 depth chart (N.C. State): No changes for the injured guys. We’ll see what Dino says in a few minutes. Only adjustment I see is the removal of freshman WR Courtney Jackson from the No. 2 line. He got on late vs. Holy Cross to make his college debut.

Williams might play last three. Same for the DBs. Heckel is most likely done for the year hopefully gets approved for a medical RS. On a positive note we will have more depth next season.

Williams might play last three. Same for the DBs. Heckel is most likely done for the year hopefully gets approved for a medical RS. On a positive note we will have more depth next season.

With all the losses on the DL to graduation, unless Bear is against it a redshirt for him makes 100% sense at this point. For the team sakes I hope the DB's are back sooner then that or it might not matter by the time they get back.

Looks to me like the biggest recruiting fail last year was not grabbing a backup center. They had way, way too much faith in a guy like Heckel staying healthy.

We have 4 guys that are or were projected to be centers.

I'm sorry but I am getting very annoyed with Dino and the injuries. Feel like he actually a) has no clue or b) is just blatantly lying to us. Didn't all signs point to Cisco and Meli being back affter the bye. Now they might not be back until the final 4 games. What?

I'm sorry but I am getting very annoyed with Dino and the injuries. Feel like he actually a) has no clue or b) is just blatantly lying to us. Didn't all signs point to Cisco and Meli being back affter the bye. Now they might not be back until the final 4 games. What?
its a short week this week if we can get through this game the injured have another week to heal and b even if back no point in letting nc state know before pregame

Those are the only 2 reasons you can think of? Dino is clueless or lying?

He has consistently and deliberately been vague when talking about injuries that could be longer term. Why should he give out more information to NCS (or whoever we play) than he has to? I mean besides running the risk of annoying you...

What Dino says, and what this board hears, is usually two different things.

Dino: Ciaco and Mel may not be available Thursday.

SyrFan: OMG, they're both out for the year, Redshirt them.
yea i dont think he specifically implied those 2 guys were long term, just not this week. mckinley and heckle are probably long term

My guess - based on no inside info - is that Cisco and Melifonwu play on Thursday.

Dino: Cisco and Mel may not be available Thursday.

There was a poster who commented that he was hearing the DB's were out for a while which I think led to some angst. Also if I remember correctly Dino did say something to the affect of those two being available after the bye which doesn't appear to have been accurate.

Dino: Ciaco and Mel may not be available Thursday.

You forgot the mad speculation about what the injuries are, how bad they are including will they need surgery, and whether or not they may be "Tuckered"/medically disqualified, and if so, will they subsequently transfer somewhere else to play. All to be followed by further hand wringing, pearl clutching, cries of "The sky is falling!" and "Why can't we have anything nice?"
Did I miss anything?

This game is like thunderdome, 2 teams enter, only one team will leave. I expect to see this tram bite back after some of the losses earlier this year.

i cant imagine what people on this board would say if they were coaching. why give other teams extra help in a gameplan.

Could be gamesmanship. Could be that he’s annoyed with the medical staff, thinking they would be cleared. Who knows.

Speculating isn’t a good idea but what would this board be without it.

Could be gamesmanship. Could be that he’s annoyed with the medical staff, thinking they would be cleared. Who knows.

Speculating isn’t a good idea but what would this board be without it.

Could be that Dino always holds his press conference BEFORE he meets with the medical staff, so he honestly doesn't know. It's not his fault.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom