Weight room warriors | Syracusefan.com

Weight room warriors

Rocco

Watching you.
I like the sounds of all of this...

He praised tight end Beckett Wales, back-up running back George Morris II, left tackle Sean Hickey and defensive tackle Jay Bromley for their weight room work.
"It's their turn," Hicks said. "They've all worked really hard over the spring, kind of an overall improvement, speed and size." Hicks said Wales has improved his size and explosion in particular, while Hickey has increased his strength and bulked up to 291 pounds. That's four pounds more than he was listed at when the spring ended. While that's still lighter than the textbook left tackle, Hicks doesn't foresee Hickey's size being a problem. "He can bench press 500 pounds," Hicks said. "He's strong. I saw where Zack Chibane said he thought he'd be one of the best players on the team. I think he's in for a real big year."

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf/2013/06/william_hicks_says_linebacker.html

"Marquis Spruill is a freak. Or at least an honorable mention one. Either way it bodes well for Syracuse. Spruill just missed the cut for CBS college football writer Bruce Feldman's annual physical "Freaks" top 20 list when it was released in late May, but the mention puts him in prestigious company.He has all the measurable that put him in that class," Hicks said. " He just doesn't have anything unusual, like Shamarko Thomas working out at 1 a.m. He barely missed the cut. When you look at the list, everyone has that one thing that stands out."Spruill, a 6-foot-1, 224-pound linebacker, runs the 40-yard dash in 4.52 seconds and owns a 37 1/2-inch vertical jump. He hang cleans 385 pounds (a number Hicks says will rise the next time the Orange test for maximum weight) and bench presses 405 pounds.
"He's gotten bigger, stronger, progressed," Hicks said. "He's become a leader. He does some stuff on his own. I'd like to say I'm so good that they do what I have on the sheet and this is how it works out, but the truth is that the guys that take it a little further than everyone else, they get the payoff."

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootb...acuse_linebacker_marquis_sp.html#incart_river

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom