Weird post from Rick Jackson on FB | Syracusefan.com

Weird post from Rick Jackson on FB

OrangeMaNPD

2nd String
Sounds like he has tried to reach out to the staff for some rehab help but no has responded and he is pretty upset about it. Would hope someone reaches out to him. He screen shot messages of what looks like him trying to reach out to the staff to no avail. Had to edit the pic since it was too large to upload.
DBEE25B0-2D77-4AEA-91C4-8C1E30F9513E.jpeg

Sounds like he has tried to reach out to the staff for some rehab help but no has responded and he is pretty upset about it. Would hope someone reaches out to him. He screen shot messages of what looks like him trying to reach out to the staff to no avail. Had to edit the pic since it was too large to upload. View attachment 128702
Hmmm...bad job by somebody, I’d guess. Not a good look if he’s resorting to spilling tea on FB.

Could be any number of things... don't jump to conclusions that the basketball program did something wrong.

Ruptured a tendon. Had surgery in Argentina.

Doesn't have insurance.

Wants to rehab in Syracuse.

There must be more to the story.

I assume there are sponsors or alumni that would step up to help if they know. Cuse could put a go fund me effort on internet. Would like to see him helped in spite of the jab

I am confident the basketball program will come thru for the guy. People can be pissed about the offense but JB takes care and worries about his guys.
I am sure the program will do what it can. It sucks for him he hasn't been answered yet but hopefully someone does now.

I mentioned the culture a few days ago and why players are jumping ship quickly, not coming, or not even entertaining returning from the draft and coming back.

This guy played here not even a decade ago, gave everything on the court, had success and did everything right. He carried a huge load when freshman Fab wasn’t who he thought he was and lead the team to success.

In a picture he posted he offered to pay out of pocket for treatment because he was comfortable with I’m guessing the training staff here who read the message and never responded to him.

It’s sad. I’m guessing we’ll be reading more about this on Syracuse.com and the program will do the right thing after they were outed.

I have no idea what is going on here ... or even the legitimacy of the alleged FB post. What I do know is that JB is EXTREMELY loyal to, and supportive of, all the guys who come through the program here. And the feeling is reciprocated, as evidenced by the large number of former players who show up when, for example, JB is being honored by the HOF, Dick Vitale or Coaches vs Cancer. JB frequently does things quietly to help former players ... without seeking any publicity for it. I am reasonably certain he has not ignored a legitimate request for help.

I have no idea what is going on here ... or even the legitimacy of the alleged FB post. What I do know is that JB is EXTREMELY loyal to, and supportive of, all the guys who come through the program here. And the feeling is reciprocated, as evidenced by the large number of former players who show up when, for example, JB is being honored by the HOF, Dick Vitale or Coaches vs Cancer. JB frequently does things quietly to help former players ... without seeking any publicity for it. I am reasonably certain he has not ignored a legitimate request for help.
that is for sure, one thing they say about JB is , he may be tough on his players while at the cuse, but always takes care of them well after they are gone

that is for sure, one thing they say about JB is , he may be tough on his players while at the cuse, but always takes care of them well after they are gone
Yeah I mean being pissed about the offense okay but anybody follows the program knows JB is loyal to guys.

I would think the program would do something if aware. This would probably be more the fault of whomever the liaison with alumni not communicating. If we don't have that position then its an easy addition the AD should make. Hire a liaison for the football and basketball programs to handle matters from former players. This isn't on JB.

Last edited:
Does anyone even know what he needs or what he asked of the staff?

If the post is legit it certainly seems as if a ball was dropped somewhere.

I mentioned the culture a few days ago and why players are jumping ship quickly, not coming, or not even entertaining returning from the draft and coming back.

This guy played here not even a decade ago, gave everything on the court, had success and did everything right. He carried a huge load when freshman Fab wasn’t who he thought he was and lead the team to success.

In a picture he posted he offered to pay out of pocket for treatment because he was comfortable with I’m guessing the training staff here who read the message and never responded to him.

It’s sad. I’m guessing we’ll be reading more about this on Syracuse.com and the program will do the right thing after they were outed.
so much for not jumping to conclusions.

That’s a horrible take if you know anything about JB at all. Past players for the most part support JB in anything he does. Even many who didn’t have the greatest relationship with him while they were here. All you have to do is go to a F4 game and no team has the number of past players in attendance as SU does. And they all speak very highly of him.

My god if that’s real then Mr. Jackson has to adjust his communication style. If you need help - truly need help - do you send a friggen Facebook message to a 70+ year old and expect that is the best way to reach out? Does Rick have a phone with voice calling capability ?? Then you blast the program and tell anybody who is listening not to go to Syracuse as a result? Add in some hint that the problem is veiled racism in the program? Good god.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom