Well for a team being buried by fans and media | Syracusefan.com

Well for a team being buried by fans and media

Fair is going to have to prove to me that he deserves to be on that list. I still don't trust us making a run in the Tourney if he is our go to player.

Really hope I'm proved wrong. Ennis and Cooney need to step their game up so Fair can play within the offense and not be the offense.

longislandcuse said:
Fair is going to have to prove to me that he deserves to be on that list. I still don't trust us making a run in the Tourney if he is our go to player. Really hope I'm proved wrong. Ennis and Cooney need to step their game up so Fair can play within the offense and not be the offense.

We need ennis to be our best player to get to Dallas, not cj.

Fair is going to have to prove to me that he deserves to be on that list. I still don't trust us making a run in the Tourney if he is our go to player.

Really hope I'm proved wrong. Ennis and Cooney need to step their game up so Fair can play within the offense and not be the offense.
CJ has made more big, tough shots this year than anyone since at least GMac. We go as far as he takes us.

CorduroyG said:
We need ennis to be our best player to get to Dallas, not cj.

Ennis and Fair always seem to be solid, now if we can make Cooney our best player we seems to be unbeatable!

That's a scary proposition.

He does hit big shots. Ill give you that.

I wonder if you'd have a different opinion of RAK hit that little gimme or the 'charge' was a block. CJ has been our best player this year by far and deserves all the accolades he's gotten.

CJ has made more big, tough shots this year than anyone since at least GMac. We go as far as he takes us.

agree.
Hes has been really good, nearly half of our points on senior day. That stepback 3 against maryland was awesome, espeically for a forward. Hes proven himself as a go to guy and leader.

Obviously we also need Grant back on both sides of the floor.

I don't know how at this point you couldn't fully trust CJ Fair. He's proven since the tournament last year that if someone needs to show up for a big game, it's going to be him.

People talk up Tyler Ennis a lot, as it's deserved he's been incredible...

But CJ Fair has finished this regular season out as team MVP in my books.

I think Tyler has been better than CJ. Cj is being asked to play too large of a role in the offense; the guy has a true shooting% below 50. I' not making him into a bad player, but a TSP below 50% is not good. (If you want to make the argument that is because, as I said, he's being asked to do too much, I'll buy that)

We need a healthy Grant. Period.
Totally agree. Without a healthy Grant, SU is going nowhere beyond pulling out a game here or there before an early exit in the dance.

cusetown1 said:
2 of their starters have made the wooden finalist list.
I love fair and Ennius. Someone other than then needs to make a basket

The other posters are right...Grant is the key. If he is healthy, the entire landscape changes on both ends. He gets other guys better opportunities because of his offensive rebounding and the attention he gets inside. Without him, teams can focus more on Fair and Cooney. We won't go far by trying to make contested shots by TC and CJ, and Ennis won't average 25.

TC has to be due for a good streak. Stop wearing him out by running off screens. leave him on the perimeter for kick outs if the defense drops to help on drives. If they don't he's an effective decoy. Coming off screens I feel like he drifts too much and he's losing his legs a little.

I agree with everyone else though, that Grant is the key.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom