Well respected musicians that you think "suck" | Syracusefan.com

Well respected musicians that you think "suck"

RandomGuy

All American
Hopefully, with an interesting reason.

Eric Clapton.

Clapton is a decent guitarist. About on par with the better guys in your local. area. Nothing against that.

My beef, is that he's known for other people's work, or cover songs. Here's a small list.

Crossroads: Robert Johnson
Cocaine: jj Cale
After midnight: jj Cale
Sunshine of your love: Jack Bruce
White room: Jack Bruce
Knocking on heavens door: Dylan
I shot the sheriff: Marley

Then there is Layla. Co-written with the drummer(who later killed his mother). Duane Allman wrote the guitar riff. The only tune he had a hand in, was about stealing another man's wife(George Harrison). Well, that sucks.

*For the record. Not throwing away the cream albums, and he was pretty good on gently weeps...

Last edited:
Gary Moore.

Years ago, I was at some guys house(he's dead, now. 1 less), checking out his guitar gear. I played some Hendrix, and he asked me to not play any "non-white" music. I was floored, in more ways than one. I asked him who the he LL did he listen to? He said Gary Moore.

Of no fault of his own, when I think Gary Moore(have never listened) I think racist pig.

Gary Moore.

Years ago, I was at some guys house(he's dead, now. 1 less), checking out his guitar gear. I played some Hendrix, and he asked me to not play any "non-white" music. I was floored, in more ways than one. I asked him who the he LL did he listen to? He said Gary Moore.

Of no fault of his own, when I think Gary Moore(have never listened) I think racist pig.

That's kind of a bizarre reason to dislike Gary Moore. It's not Gary's fault, give the guy a chance. I deleted all their music and threw away my Lost Prophets cds because the singer should burn in hell after dying slowly and painfully.

I've disliked Stevie Nicks horrible billy goat warblings long before South Park was even a show.

That's kind of a bizarre reason to dislike Gary Moore. It's not Gary's fault, give the guy a chance. I deleted all their music and threw away my Lost Prophets cds because the singer should burn in hell after dying slowly and painfully.

I've disliked Stevie Nicks horrible billy goat warblings long before South Park was even a show.
Just make me think about the bozo...

Right with you, on Stevie Nick's. No wonder south park did that...

The Black Keys are two hipster douchebags in love with their own watered-down version of the blues.

Last edited by a moderator:
James Hetfield(Metallica) sounds like he finishes every line, mid-poop.

Dave Matthews is very talented. Didn't do anything for me, either.

James Hetfield(Metallica) sounds like he finishes every line, mid-poop.

Dave Matthews is very talented. Didn't do anything for me, either.

Mad respect for DMB. Talented band, stellar career. Never could get into their music. Megadeth is the better band. "Exit light." plop. "Enter night." splash. "Take my hand." Hell no, you need to wipe.

The Black Keys are two hipster douchebags in love with their own shitty watered-down version of the blues.
Agree on the newer stuff. Old stuff? Not so much.(except the hipster part) Played some early stuff for my 72 year old, blues loving father, and he thought it was awesome. Most new blues is obscenely watered down.

Mad respect for DMB. Talented band, stellar career. Never could get into their music. Megadeth is the better band. Flame away, people.
Peace sells, whose buying bass line is awesome. I always felt like Dave Mustaine was living in his Mom's basement, telling her to get off her ass, and bring him sandwiches.

He wrote kill em all, yes? Never woulda listened to Metallica decades ago, if not for that.

He wrote or co-wrote alot of their early stuff. Probably half of KEA, some things on RTL.

Finally. I have said this to so many people - this exact same thing. They look at me as if I was not of this planet.

I've tried. Not only can I not get into it, I just don't like it.
The problem, is that he really is talented. So is his band. And the drummer? Sheesh. Super talented. I can't argue against that. Do I like it? Not so much. It's hard for fans that know the former, to get the latter...

Springsteen's early stuff was good. If he had stopped then...

The problem, is that he really is talented. So is his band. And the drummer? Sheesh. Super talented. I can't argue against that. Do I like it? Not so much. It's hard for fans that know the former, to get the latter...

Springsteen's early stuff was good. If he had stopped then...
I can tell they're talented. Just not my thing.
upload_2017-11-15_18-33-57.gif

I, personally, am very happy Bruce didn't stop.

Sorry about hijacking the thread with my Bruce love, Mini.

Eddie Van Halen.

In 1978, he was an instant legend, and rightfully so. He inspired millions to become guitar virtuoso's. He introduced trickery, flash, and faster playing.
The result? Millions of "not quite" virtuoso's thinking that playing fast, or complicated made them good. All the while, forgetting they had to write a good song. And the age of the hair band , was fully under way.

Without the ramifications, of what he had a large part of causing? He definitely did not suck. But what he helped cause? Well, that sucked. Can't even listen to him because of it.

If you disagree, that's fine. Then, 2 words. Van Hagar.

Sorry about hijacking the thread with my Bruce love, Mini.

Thats not hijacking. That's the whole point.

FWIW. I love the first few Black Keys albums. Love stripped down, old blues and punk. But yeah, maybe they are hipster dufus's. Don't care.

Thats not hijacking. That's the whole point.

FWIW. I love the first few Black Keys albums. Love stripped down, old blues and punk. But yeah, maybe they are hipster dufus's. Don't care.

A buddy of mine really dug them so I bought a few of their albums on his recommendation. At first listen, I liked maybe three or four songs. What put me off on giving them another listen was their attitude when they inducted Steve Miller into the Rock and Roll HOF. They whined that Steve didn't know them or their music. They made it about themselves in a douchetastic way. As far as music goes, my motto has always been "If you like it, I love it." To each their own. I'll still make fun of the band, of course, but not the fellow music lover.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom