Well that was a disaster | Syracusefan.com

Well that was a disaster

JeremyCuse

Renowned lacrosse analyst
Before I get into my tirade let me give a shout out to a few players who looked good tonight.

Great game by Paduda absolutely owned the X and its a real shame we wasted what should have been a comfortable SU win. SU has found its new guy at the X.

Dylan Donahue - Really stepped up tonight at Attack, had 3 goals I believe two of which I think were scored in the second half.

I thought Pratt and Ianzito both had decent games, Pratt scored a goal and Ianzito cleared multiple Defensive stops on his own.

Allright onto everyone else.

Lamo - Thought he caught his second win in the third but was a disaster in the 4th, had 1 save the entire quarter, really dissapointed in his play the last two games. Might see Wardwell on Saturday.

Marasco - Awful, sorry to say but he was awful. Probably had at least 4 or 5 turnovers of which one was on a man up that lead to a Hobart goal. Also had a turnover deep into the 4th where he simply passed the ball behind his back to about 3 hobart players. dont know what happened to him the last two games but offensively he has been horrendous.

Cometti/Schoonmaker - Both were MIA, we all certainly dont expect them to score 5/6 goals each a game but with our limited offense we cant afford them both to disappear in the same game. They both tried to force things in the second half but with very little success, I think they had maybe 1 goal between them the entire game. They need to look to pass as Hobart collapsed on them when they got the ball anywhere near the cage.

Second Mid line - This has to be completely overhauled, Barber and Lecky are pretty much zero threats to score especially Lecky who has two goals the entire year both against Hopkins and has the shot accuracy of an 1700's Musket. Walters, Daly, Hatem, and others should be given a look. Please Loy return quick.

EMO - See above, complete overhaul needed, unit is a disaster.

Coach Desko - Gotta give him some heat on this, no timeouts on either of the last two possessions? No change up on O when we were struggling pretty much the entire 4th quarter? I know theres not a ton we can do unless Galasso suddenly is healthy and on the field but that was a disaster offensively for 4 quarters.

Maltz/Ward - I dont think they played badly by any stretch but each of them had at minimum 2 or 3 chances on the doorstep to score and I think they had maybe 1 goal. Kudos to the Hobart Goalie but we cannot miss those gimmie opportunities especially Maltz, Keogh would have had 5+goals tonight if he was on the roster.

lastly I hate to even mention this because several posters including myself have been less then thrilled with his play this year but that last Hobart goal was the result of an egregious error by Jenkins, a wide open ground ball he boots 8 yards up field to a hobart attackmen for a goal, unforgiveable.

This team needs to regroup get some rest and get a W on Saturday at Georgetown because theres now way to sugar coat it, this was a horrible loss, Hobart is like 5-9 and near the basement for the ECAC or whatever the heck they play in.

Hobart goalie stood on his head.

It happens.

Goes to show you faceoffs aren't everything.

Hobart goalie stood on his head.

It happens.

Goes to show you faceoffs aren't everything.

Agreed on the Hobart goalie, second time he has had 18 saves against SU (did it last year to).
That being said, SU was again its own worst enemy, we had plenty of scoring opportunities including two 1 min man up opps we didnt convert. This game was lost on the offensive end an in the goal on both sides. Lamo has to step up, were talking Hobart here not UVA or JHU in there prime. Kudos to Paduda though, kid was a beast. Really hope Loy can play Saturday, we need him desperately.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom