We're going nowhere in the tournament if Grant's not healthy unless... | Syracusefan.com

We're going nowhere in the tournament if Grant's not healthy unless...

orangepassion

Nunzio Prophet
We start prepping Roberson now. There's no excuses this year about someone getting hurt ruining our tournament chances. If Roberson shouldn't have been playing minutes before Grant's been hurting, he darn sure should have been getting at least 15-20 minutes since then. Roberson has shown flashes all year and won't develop confidence unless he gets some minutes. Just his rebounding should get him on the court, but he has also shown some nice offensive moves. There's a reason why we usually play our best ball early in the year.

I do agree that unless Jerami gets well that we are severely impacted. But Tyler is just not ready. And I don't think him getting more minutes this year would of done anything to improve that...his time is next year.

FairfaxOrange said:
I do agree that unless Jerami gets well that we are severely impacted. But Tyler is just not ready. And I don't think him getting more minutes this year would of done anything to improve that...his time is next year.

I was hoping for more from Roberson this year because, you know, he will be playing a lot next year.

I was hoping for more from Roberson this year because, you know, he will be playing a lot next year.

We are 26-3. The sky isn't falling and the sun came up today. Next year will take care of itself. We'll beat GT at home and we'll beat FSU away. And even if we lose one of those games, we are at worst a 3 seed...I'll take it...

FairfaxOrange said:
We are 26-3. The sky isn't falling and the sun came up today..

It is snowing and completely cloudy and overcast in Syracuse this morning. So yes the sky is falling and no the sun didn't come up here.

When he has an excellent season next year, I hope no one is going to think he just learned how to play over the summer. Look at Jerami Grant last year-He played well with minutes, but got benched again when Southerland returned.

It's a little late to start prepping Roberson. Yeah, he might get a couple minutes here and there, but that's probably it. If he's not in JB's inner circle by now, gonna be very tough to get in it and he'll play that (ugh) BMK at C and Rak at PF combo instead. That said, wouldn't mind seeing more of TR out there, at least in 1st half. Can't do much worse lately assuming JG is still hurt.

rrlbees said:
It is snowing and completely cloudy and overcast in Syracuse this morning. So yes the sky is falling and no the sun didn't come up here.

Wish I could double/triple like this!

I LOL at the people who still try to justify why our top recruit can't get minutes with an injured forward and a center out for the year.

Oh well. And yes, grant healthy is critical.

SUintheVille said:
It's a little late to start prepping Roberson. Yeah, he might get a couple minutes here and there, but that's probably it. If he's not in JB's inner circle by now, gonna be very tough to get in it and he'll play that (ugh) BMK at C and Rak at PF combo instead. That said, wouldn't mind seeing more of TR out there, at least in 1st half. Can't do much worse lately assuming JG is still hurt.

I think Roberson needs to start getting big minutes right away. Baye is at about 70%. He can't jump too well on that knee. Rak keeps getting in foul trouble. We can't keep playing Cj, Ennis and Cooney 38-40 minutes. If we do, we will be out of the ncaat quite early.

It is BS that it is too late to start playing Roberson. The kid has been playing against elite talent for a very long time. Plus he goes every day in practice against JG. He is as ready as he is ever going to be. If i were JB i would tell him that he is going to get 5 minutes minimum each time he is in the game unless he really pulls a boner. That way the kid isnt looking over his shoulder with each wistle and can play free. He is other than JG our most athletic player on the team. The kid has a high motor, can score off the dribble and from 15 in and he is really long on the back line. I have seen nothing from G that leads me to believe he is a 3 nothing at all. He is weak in the paint and was dominated yesterday. He gave us nothing at all. Rotate G E and C at gaurd. Give E a rest and let G or C take over the point for a few minutes at a time. I would run hard with with Rak, Roberson, Fair, E and a rotation of Cooney and G. Baye can spell both Rak and Roberson but keep G out of the 3 unless we are running clock with a spread as he is a huge liability on D.

I really don't get how people can say Roberson isn't ready? How do we know the kid plays for 3 minutes make 1 minor miscue and gets the hook never to be seen for another 3 games. However when he is out there he looks perfectly fine to me. Active on defense, strong on the glass, and looks for his offense. Please tell me how he would hurt you playing 8-10 minutes a game?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom