We're going to win the BC game | Syracusefan.com

We're going to win the BC game

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
I'm not saying we're going to blow them out. I expect them to play with some pride and try to play spoiler to end the season.

That said, now that the offense got some mojo back, we're going to leave Boston with a W. We're going to outscore them, and our defense will cause problems for them.

I look forward to an impact game from Tucker.

I agree. If we bring a similar offense as we had on Saturday, I find it difficult to believe we won't win. But when you say spoil, spoil what? BC's chance to win a 4th game? In any event, this "should" be a fun game to watch us get to 7 wins, setting up an 8th after our bowl game.

I agree. If we bring a similar offense as we had on Saturday, I find it difficult to believe we won't win. But when you say spoil, spoil what? BC's chance to win a 4th game? In any event, this "should" be a fun game to watch us get to 7 wins, setting up an 8th after our bowl game.
By spoil, I mean, just like, be jerks about stuff.

Come on man, it is what it is. I feel you, all of our expectations were sky high. But we’re still going to a bowl and we’ll probably win whatever bowl we go to too. Let’s just enjoy this, schedule is way easier next year as well.
I'm looking forward to the game and am making the trip out there...but my excitement for this season as a whole is long gone.

I'm looking forward to the game and am making the trip out there...but my excitement for this season as a whole is long gone.
I’m not sure if I’ll be going, depends on how far away it is. But I’m still excited and am glad you’re going and looking forward to it.

I know that no one wants to hear this right now, and many of you have suffered for so long and have been SU fans far longer than I (which I totally respect). But this was a beast of a schedule and we did what we needed to do to get to a bowl.

We’ll probably be bowling next season too. We also entered November ranked in the CFP, there’s some encouraging take always imo.

The offensive resurgence in the Wake game gave me an entirely new perspective. If they beat BC with a decent performance I will officially come in off the ledge.

There is nothing more frustrating than rooting for a team that cannot score on offense while simultaneously seeing your stalwart defenders drop one by one.

Offensive resurgence? I don't know, Wake's D isn't good. IMO, the final score makes the game appear considerably closer than it was. At 45-21 the game was over for all intents and purposes...other than the final tally.

As also a diehard Browns fan, there's not any of us feeling anything good with the 31-23 final score of yesterday's game with the Bills. The game was over late 3rd Q, early 4th. The final two late (garbage time) Cleveland TD's only make the final tally appear closer than what the true story told.

The offensive resurgence in the Wake game gave me an entirely new perspective. If they beat BC with a decent performance I will officially come in off the ledge.

There is nothing more frustrating than rooting for a team that cannot score on offense while simultaneously seeing your stalwart defenders drop one by one.
I feel the same, Wake was a heartbreaker but was the most fun we’ve had as fans in over a month.

I feel the same, Wake was a heartbreaker but was the most fun we’ve had as fans in over a month.
Heartbreaker? They led at the half, led 38-21 at one point late in the game. Didn't really feel like we much of a chance after halftime IMO.

Heartbreaker? They led at the half, led 38-21 at one point late in the game. Didn't really feel like we much of a chance after halftime IMO.
We were up in the 2Q and were rolling for a bit. I said heartbreaker, not nail biter.

BC's defense is closer to Wake's than it is to Notre Dame's.

I realize. I expect us to score points against BC, however, I guess it comes down to what one's view/definition of "offensive resurgence" is. Is the resurgence more related to the opponent's significant lack of prowess on that front? And, if that's the case, is it truly an offensive resurgence?

The last 5 games have been heart breaking. That said, if we beat BC (as we should) and our bowl game, we finish with 8 wins, which isn't shabby at all - even though we all know we should have won more.

8 wins is a very solid season for a program like ours that’s struggled forever. Disappointing at times and embarrassing in some games but overall a very good season.

I realize. I expect us to score points against BC, however, I guess it comes down to what one's view/definition of "offensive resurgence" is. Is the resurgence more related to the opponent's significant lack of prowess on that front? And, if that's the case, is it truly an offensive resurgence?
I would say it's enough of an offensive resurgence.

as brutal as the last 5 games have been, three(Clemson, ND, FSU) were against teams with far superior talent. yeah, I know, we thought we had the Clemson game, so have other teams who had them on the ropes, particularly anyone who had them on the ropes in Death Valley. Pitt was there for the taking with Izzy out for Pitt and our D played really well, but without GS it was an offensive disaster. that game is the one that really bugs me. Wake was slumping but they are still an offensive power and our destroyed D just couldn't handle them. not making any excuses for Babers or anyone or anything else, and the last 5 weeks have been a kick in the nads, but let's face it, the team that beat Louisville is but of a shell of itself at this point after all the injuries and the home cooking we had the first half of the season. if we beat BC and win our bowl, it's a successful season. No excuse to lose this coming weekend even with our battered defense, BC stinks.

I'm not saying we're going to blow them out. I expect them to play with some pride and try to play spoiler to end the season.

That said, now that the offense got some mojo back, we're going to leave Boston with a W. We're going to outscore them, and our defense will cause problems for them.

I look forward to an impact game from Tucker.
I said that during the Wake game and a poster or two got upset with me. While I want to see us win easily, at this stage, any win is good. Now, if we can find a bowl game with a team we could actually beat, 8-5 would be a lot better than 7-6 or God forbid, 6-7

I said that during the Wake game and a poster or two got upset with me. While I want to see us win easily, at this stage, any win is good. Now, if we can find a bowl game with a team we could actually beat, 8-5 would be a lot better than 7-6 or God forbid, 6-7
Yep, win the BC game and the bowl is house money. 8-5 would feel great, 7-6 is fine though. Something to build off of and then we need to make a bowl again next season.

Yep, win the BC game and the bowl is house money. 8-5 would feel great, 7-6 is fine though. Something to build off of and then we need to make a bowl again next season.
I agree 7-6 is alright. This game is even more important than the Bowl because we need to stop the bleeding now and we will have weeks until the next game. None of our losses were to bad teams and losing a bowl game to a decent opponent isn’t the end of the world but losing to 3-8 BC and dropping 6 in a row would be terrible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom