we're gonna be #2 | Syracusefan.com

we're gonna be #2

Anchorman_well_that_escalated_quickly_966.jpg

Actually the way the rankings now it's possible we could be #1 in the AP and OSU would be #1 in the USA Today if Zona loses.

I would hope that we jump OSU in the coaches poll. They haven't played anybody yet. Our impressive win over Indiana this week, combined with our win over Baylor looking even better now, will hopefully be enough to leap them.

Actually the way the rankings now it's possible we could be #1 in the AP and OSU would be #1 in the USA Today if Zona loses.

Possible, but the Buckeyes really don't have a good win all year. Their Marquette win isn't looking as good now as it did when it happened.

I think the three games in 3 nights at Maui culminating with the win over Baylor, plus our manhandling of Indiana will carry us to either #2 if Arizona wins, or #1 if they lose (which I don't think they will).

Cheers,
Neil

I would hope that we jump OSU in the coaches poll. They haven't played anybody yet. Our impressive win over Indiana this week, combined with our win over Baylor looking even better now, will hopefully be enough to leap them.

you are giving the pollsters way too much credit in believing they will even remember we beat baylor..let alone assuming they have the ability to use transitive thinking like SU > Baylor.. Baylor> kentucky, thus SU >> kentucky

I've got my "Syracuse/ We're #1" Tee shirt out on my hope chest at the foot of my bed. Ready to put that bad boy on to wear to work on Monday!

Our rapid rise toward the pinnacle of College Basketball rankings is an exquisite little perk of being a Syracuse Basketball Fan and seems like an annual exercise .

I, for one, don't think it's that far of a stretch. Everyone's got question marks, and SU's biggest question mark is, all of a sudden, one of most formidable backcourts in college basketball. We'd be crazy not to consider SU #1 at this point.

Did I mention anchorman 2 is awesome...crap the paramount police are knocking...

Is that code for torrent? If so, thanks!!!

Edit: Nevermind, I just checked and didn't see anything. I watched the Hunger Games sequel the other night though. Not sure if that's made by Paramount or not. Good movie, not sure if I liked it as much as the first even though I read it was supposed to be better. Katniss Everdeen is a pretty endearing character though, and for many it isn't hard to see a similar scenario of totalitarian government and the need for a hero to be made when the time is right. More central power every day, regardless of which party y'all enjoy blaming. Two sides of the same coin. Keep score by liberty vs central power. Ok, enough being serious, but just throwing some seeds for thought out there. I guess they're gonna milk it and make the 3rd book into 2 movies, but why not. May the odds be ever in the Cuse's favor!!!

Last edited:
It's fun when we have a chance to move to #1 around the same time as our game. UNLV-Arizona's going to go final about ten minutes after we get underway tonight. Similar to two years ago on this day, when Indiana-Kentucky wrapped up during our game against George Washington.

Hoping we get a similar result.

Baylor jumped a whole lot. That win is looking better and better and better.

i was impressed with baylor in our game, they played well. we had to play really well to beat them and we did.

i was impressed with baylor in our game, they played well. we had to play really well to beat them and we did.
After playing them I'm convinced they could beat OK State. I'm not sure they could take down Kansas, but I could definitely see them finishing 2nd in the Big 12.

We will definitely be unanimous #1 going into ACC if we take care of Villanova and the rest of the teams. Eastern Michigan is actually decent this year and will help more than it hurts our resume, especially if they beat Duke which wouldn't be that surprising. St. John's is a good win, too.

On the note we are a damn good team and have as much claim to a top 5 ranking as anyone , we need to take care of business today. This should be a massacre and we should surgically tear them apart and give the frosh a chance to plead their case to being an occassional part of the rotation. This game and high point are it in terms of cupcakes. As already said east mich is good and they play good zone and are familiar with ours. Nova will be a possible rock fight. St johns has been our bitch and hopefully that stays the same. Need good momentum into our first acc road trip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom