Wes having a monster tonight so far | Syracusefan.com

Wes having a monster tonight so far

Wow, finishes with the 27 he had at the end of the third, but still a great stat line.

If you ever check out Youtube, Wes has had some pretty sick sequences/finishes this year.

wesssss.gif

As both a Cuse and Lakers fan, Wes is doing exactly what I hoped he'd do. He's shooting the 3 well, as he's up to 45% now after his 6-7 night. And he's using his athleticism and making energy plays, leading the team in steals and blocks, and playing solid defense.

He's playing his role well. Hopefully he keeps it up. I'd love to see him get resigned in LA as it's a good fit for him. In what's basically a tryout season for most of the Lakers roster, I'd have to think they'd be pretty happy with Wes so far.

Never really a bad gamble to take a flyer on a young, former lotto guy.

Now we just need someone to give Flynn another shot.

Never really a bad gamble to take a flyer on a young, former lotto guy.

Now we just need someone to give Flynn another shot.

Yeah, it seems to be working out fairly well.

Jordan Hill is another ex-lottery guy that has looked pretty decent for them this year - think the Knicks initially drafted him.

Yeah, I do wonder if Flynn ever gets another shot - doubt it, but you never know.

Yeah, it seems to be working out fairly well.

Jordan Hill is another ex-lottery guy that has looked pretty decent for them this year - think the Knicks initially drafted him.

Yeah, I do wonder if Flynn ever gets another shot - doubt it, but you never know.
Part of the bummer with the way the NBA works right now is that I think there are a lot of guys that they just don't give enough time to in order to really see what they have, especially guards and wings. Bigs get all kinds of chances, but there just aren't a lot of people that tall so it makes sense to some extent.

It took Billups like 6 years before he was really any good. There wasn't a whole lot to suggest that Nash would ever become what he was his first 4 years or so. And obviously those guys are on the extreme end. I just tend to believe that there are a lot of guys out there that could be very productive on an NBA roster, but for whatever reason teams cut them before they grow in to that chance.

If he can just stay consistent he will last in the league for a long time. Kid still has so much potential left in his game.

Part of the bummer with the way the NBA works right now is that I think there are a lot of guys that they just don't give enough time to in order to really see what they have, especially guards and wings. Bigs get all kinds of chances, but there just aren't a lot of people that tall so it makes sense to some extent.

It took Billups like 6 years before he was really any good. There wasn't a whole lot to suggest that Nash would ever become what he was his first 4 years or so. And obviously those guys are on the extreme end. I just tend to believe that there are a lot of guys out there that could be very productive on an NBA roster, but for whatever reason teams cut them before they grow in to that chance.

Trouble is, those guys possessed skills that wouldn't decline much with age or degeneration of physical abilities.

Flynn was always an athlete first. Average shooter, below average defender. Not a great distributor, though this could have improved with more game reps. His reputation may have cost him a fair shot, but his injury robbed him of most of his game.

EDIT:

Regarding Wes - damn, if only every Syracuse team had a 3 with that skill-set. Not a "go-to guy," maybe, but he's a valuable asset.

Good post. Also each day I see more and more examples that it takes the "right system" for each player to perform in and maximize their abilities. That's why I guess I don't say this guy or that guy sucks, as quick as I used to.

Trouble is, those guys possessed skills that wouldn't decline much with age or degeneration of physical abilities.
I think that's true. I think it's also possible we look at what they became and we can say it's obvious that it finally came together for them.

As for Flynn... while I agree that his injuries have really hurt his ability, my concern with him was always mentality. I don't think his head was wired right to be an NBA point guard, and that would have shown up whether he stayed healthy.

I think that's true. I think it's also possible we look at what they became and we can say it's obvious that it finally came together for them.

As for Flynn... while I agree that his injuries have really hurt his ability, my concern with him was always mentality. I don't think his head was wired right to be an NBA point guard, and that would have shown up whether he stayed healthy.

I agree.

All those 2005-2008 kids needed some strong veteran leadership. They got Josh Wright.

Rautins and Onuaku came out relatively well. The others, not so much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom