Western Michigan | Syracusefan.com

Western Michigan

kcsu

Living Legend
This team is mature, led by a strong Oline that is very experienced, their QB is a RS senior who carved us up last year. If not for Eric we would have lost last year. If we dont play considerably better than we have to date we will get beat. Its time for the O to step up.

This team is mature, led by a strong Oline that is very experienced, their QB is a RS senior who carved us up last year. If not for Eric we would have lost last year. If we dont play considerably better than we have to date we will get beat. Its time for the O to step up.

If not for our 4 year starting QB who prepped 6 months for the game? Come on man.

I watched them. Their O is very polished. Their OLine is made up of Veterans and their QB and RB are both RS seniors. Reminds me of Eric and Strick. They have size and speed at WR. In my opinion Lester is an excellent coach. He was as good a coach as Shafer had and if he had been our OC from day one Shaf might still be our coach. Our D will be the best they have faced which gives us a chance. We need to play much better on O to stay with them. These guys are a well coached veteran team. Its going to be a tough game. Thank God we are playing at home.

I watched them. Their O is very polished. Their OLine is made up of Veterans and their QB and RB are both RS seniors. Reminds me of Eric and Strick. They have size and speed at WR. In my opinion Lester is an excellent coach. He was as good a coach as Shafer had and if he had been our OC from day one Shaf might still be our coach. Our D will be the best they have faced which gives us a chance. We need to play much better on O to stay with them. These guys are a well coached veteran team. Its going to be a tough game. Thank God we are playing at home.

Shafer could've had Bill Walsh as his OC and he still was in over his head. Lester was able to articulate a plan when he was here - which was nice.

Otherwise yeah these MAC game clearly can have their issues esp with a team that might be bit fragile right now.

Offense drives the bus in college football and among the P5 we have to be near dead last in every offensive statistical category. Won't be surprised to see the line move close to another pick'em. If we're expecting the D to win the game then remember they gave up 42 last year with a much better linebacker corps.

I think its very fair to have worries about this game given what we have seen so far this year. The Oline has struggled in every single match for long stretches, Liberty included. Our young QB has made some pretty bad decisions in every game this year and our Defense has given up large point totals, albeit against quality offenses, the last couple games. We may also still be without Heckel and Williams for this game once again. Its going to be very interesting to see how the kids respond.

Offense drives the bus in college football and among the P5 we have to be near dead last in every offensive statistical category. Won't be surprised to see the line move close to another pick'em. If we're expecting the D to win the game then remember they gave up 42 last year with a much better linebacker corps.

The line already moved the other way.

They just destroyed a team that beat Tennessee. Their QB is excellent. We need to play better or we will get beat.

This has nothing to do with if we'll win the game or not but Western Michigan also lost to Michigan State 51-17.

The major concern here is we went from people talking about a 10 win season to know being worried about beating Western Michigan. Brutal.
You certainly arent surprised by that are you?

I hear you, hate the Blue Spruce. Those are the ones you need the gloves to handle.
Its gonna be a rollercoaster this year my friend. Between the Orange, Buffs, and Donkeys im a basket case.

You certainly arent surprised by that are you?

Unfortunately no. The expectations were way overboard to start the year even though myself and a few others tried to pump the brakes a bit. I can't blame people for being pumped after a 10 win season but knowing how fickle college football can be for the non blue bloods I was skeptical. As for WMU its hard not to be concerned. Not saying were going to lose but this game certainly feels like more of a challenge then when you first looked at the schedule. I hope the team comes out ready to play because I fear a loss Saturday will see the wheels completely come off.

Clemson is vastly more talented than everyone else we play.. Maryland has talent but the QB we saw was not the QB who played Temple he was awful Sat in that loss. WMU had some nice talent, but the plays that CLemson WRs made no one else will make, its the simple blown Home Run plays we have to limit.

Whether we can create 30 pts of offense is the question

They just destroyed a team that beat Tennessee. Their QB is excellent. We need to play better or we will get beat.

I don't buy that stuff. Too many variables. Temple just beat Maryland, so they are going undefeated right?

The truth is that outside of the top elite programs and the very bottom (UCONN, etc) - the middle is matchups and a lot of mediocrity. We thought WMU was going to be good last year when we almost lost to them and they had some very questionable losses.

Don't worry about the transitive properties in this game. Wonder about the emotions. Going from 7:30 ABC full house, #1 team to Noon, ACCN, half full, MAC team is tricky for the staff and motivation.

Won't be the same motivational problem for WMU. They have an experienced QB and some talent at skill positions that will help them hang around.

Spread is low for a reason.

Our problem is our offense. 50 points in three games is not good. We will need at least 30 to win. I’m not sure we can score 30.
We can if the defense and special teams contribute about 14 points.

I am going to lay the points. Syracuse wins this one. The DL of Western Michigan will be okay but we will make enough plays on offense to win this.
Syracuse 31 Western Michigan 21.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom