Westworld | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Westworld

Respectfully disagree, the world building was so thorough and well done I'm happy for every minute that we got to see.

Very intriguing so far -- will be interesting to see how all of the stories converging, and to see if there are any wrinkles the show throws at us in terms of how the plots are synchronized [or not, like last year].

But agree -- season 2 has been very entertaining thus far.

really enjoyed season 1. haven't jumped into 2 yet. i like to let them pile up a bit and binge. all about the flow these days,

This season is shaping up unbelievably

Looking forward to seeing how they piece together all of the asynchronous plots that are being presented as if linear / sequential. This season has been really engaging.

This season is shaping up unbelievably

At some point, Maeve is going to have to escape the park, and encounter real humans in the wild. That's when the show will get really interesting.

Right now, I think the deep dive into Arnold/Bernard/Anthony Hopkins is getting kind of hard to follow - who is real, who is an android, what is the timeline that we are seeing some of these interviews between Dolores and Bernard, etc.

I think this week’s episode cleared up a lot of the timeline confusion. The biggest questions remaining are:
1) Is the Man in Black a host? Seems like he might not be human and he doesn’t realize it. 2) What’s in the Valley Beyond? I’m guessing replicas of important people whom the hosts will upload their consciousness into to escape into the real world and start wreaking havoc outside. Hence, the hosts bodies on the beach in an earlier episode. Just a hunch.

It's the smartest show on TV. The Riddle of the Sphinx was the best episode to date. It reminded me a lot of LOST, in very good ways.

I'll be the contrarian and say I enjoyed Season 1, but Season 2 for me is a mess. This show isn't good enough to deserve the effort one has to put in to decipher different timelimes etc. I'm still watching, but give it a resounding "meh" in Season 2.

I'll be the contrarian and say I enjoyed Season 1, but Season 2 for me is a mess. This show isn't good enough to deserve the effort one has to put in to decipher different timelimes etc. I'm still watching, but give it a resounding "meh" in Season 2.

Yeah, my wife quit watching with the first Shogun episode. My daughter, who loves Japanese culture, movies, etc., loved it. But I agree, the story is kind of all over the place right now. The Indian dude coming to life and discovering the "way out" was an important moment in last week's episode. For me, if nobody ever really leaves the fake worlds, then the series will have missed an oppportunity, but maybe that's a bigger story than they could manage.

OK, any guesses on who the other pebbles are?

OK, any guesses on who the other pebbles are?

I’m guessing at least one or two of them are copies of high ranking people who visited the park. What better way to infiltrate humanity than to have a host in a position of power. Just a guess though. Could be hosts we have seen before too.

I’m guessing at least one or two of them are copies of high ranking people who visited the park. What better way to infiltrate humanity than to have a host in a position of power. Just a guess though. Could be hosts we have seen before too.

melania ?

Okay so this season was a storyline mess but that’s almost the fun of it.
I enjoyed the finale, although it took your brain all over the place saying “huh?” It was enjoyable.
I get people who lost interest or didn’t like it though.
I wish they just dropped more hints in season 1 if the native Americans being the key element.
I’m looking forward to season 3

Was surprised there was no thread yet for Season 3. I wouldn't say that I love the show but definitely watch it every week.

I've been surprised too, but I'm not griping because I wait to watch it until all the episodes are out.

Makes sense.

The fourth season decided the "fate" of most of the prominent characters, and ended on an ambiguous note that could have led to a 5th season, but is probably better served by remaining open ended.

I think I probably enjoyed the majority of season 4 than most, based upon reactions here [I liked it a lot more than season 3, for comparison]. But I'm satisfied with it ending on the note that it did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom