Westworld | Syracusefan.com

Westworld

Ragman2000

Pee-Trough Advocate
Just finished the premiere. Wow, another hit for HBO.

Hands down the best pilot in a drama since Breaking Bad. That was just awesome.

If you're on the fence, give this one a go. Great writing, acting and themes. Although not exactly a cliffhanger, the pilot sure leaves you on a note wanting more.

Watched half of it last night...Will finish the other half tonight...so far so good...

I might be the only guy in America who was largely unimpressed by the pilot. Good cast and it looks beautiful, but the plot (so far, at least) feels like it's covering VERY familiar ground. AI going rogue/AI as next evolution of humanity, etc.

HBO finally has a worthy successor to GoT.

My only real concern is that it doesn't go beyond the "humans are the real monsters" plot that a lot of this genre falls into.

Otherwise absolutely great pilot.

I thought the pilot was as strong as LOST and Mr. Robot. So gorgeous and interesting. Thank God for HBO, otherwise stuff like this would never get made.

Anyone want to discuss anything before the finale?

I really like it, but worried it's going to cheese out like Lost (I didn't watch Lost because I knew it was going to cheese out!).

Once I saw the theory about the logos, the rest kind of all fell into place in my mind. Trying not to get too spoiler-y here...

I really like it, but worried it's going to cheese out like Lost (I didn't watch Lost because I knew it was going to cheese out!).

Once I saw the theory about the logos, the rest kind of all fell into place in my mind. Trying not to get too spoiler-y here...
Hey look, spoilers.

Just read an article on the concept of different timelines on the show and can honestly say I was completely oblivious to that fact except for the Delores stuff in Episode 9. Very curious how it all shakes out in the finale, been a great season.

FYI, the SYFY Channel is showing the original Westworld movie this weekend - Saturday and Sunday mornings. Might be worth setting the DVR to check for easter eggs/references made in the series that haven't been noticed. Or additional clues for what's coming up, although I don't think the plots between the two correlate all that directly.

All I can say is wow. Not much to say other than "These violent delights have violent ends." Honestly I'm as confused as ever yet somehow completely satisfied. I have not seen a better first season to a series in a long time. I can't believe I have to wait until 2018 for season 2?

Really entertaining season. I have no idea how they move the story forward from here though.

Felt alot like Matrix 1 to me where the story was so cool, so many twists and turns and then in 2 and 3 it was like, EH, I don't want to see Neo in ratty sweaters.

Hoping it doesn't fall off a cliff, but I had the same feeling

Damn that was awesome. What a season.
Totally agree. Had a feeling about William/MIB but never saw the other stuff coming. Problem is what do you do for an encore?

Since the multiple timelines has been revealed, you'd think they'll need a new twist. They've got two years to make it, I think? And they've got the budget. Should be able to put something good together. Will be hard to top season 1 though.

I got thru it, thought it dragged on about 3 episodes too long with some of the story lines, but its well done. where it goes now after that ending has me wondering.. but in 2018 i will probably have forgotten most of it

I found more people who gave up than finished it.. I too thought it dragged out.. It could have been 30 min episodes and I think it would have flowed better

I just finished it and would have to say this gets my vote for best show of 2016. I think this scene is the one that clinched it for me (from Episode 6):
[\spoiler]

I religiously avoided spoilers, articles, and fan theories and I am super glad that I did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom