We've lost 5 of our last 7 | Syracusefan.com

We've lost 5 of our last 7

DonLightfoot

All Conference
Obviously some tough competition at the end of conference play. However, I am still fairly optimistic going into the Tourney. Here are my pros and cons.

Pros:
- We should have a healthy roster. I’m assuming Tyus will be ready.
- Good depth with 8 or 9 man rotation (Buddy, Sidibe, Marek and Carey off the bench). I would like to include Braswell in this as I think this kid is good, or at least will be, but unfortunately he has had very little playing time of late and I don't see JB using him.
- Our defense is hard to prepare for in a short turnaround between games. Little easier for the opposition if we make it to the second weekend, especially if we play another ACC team.
- Our offensive flow has been a little better in the last two games.

Cons:
- The #5 spot, plain and simple. Don’t know how far we can go based on this, but maybe we will be surprised. Time for our centers to step up. If nothing else, just "hanging on" to the ball would be a bonus.

Unknowns:
- Can we hit enough shots.

GO ORANGE

Doubtful Carey sees meaningful playing time unless Battle is still hurt. Hopefully whichever team we face in the 1st round does not play tight defense. Or an effective zone. We have had trouble scoring against teams like FSU and Virginia, among others, that play tough defense. Of course, at times we have had trouble scoring against weak defensive teams.

4 of those 5 losses were against top 5 teams. Not an excuse but definitely context.

And the only team we didn’t hang with is UVA, and they will never have a shooting night like that again.

In a one game situation, anything is possible. That’s why they play em. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom