WF attendance and noise | Syracusefan.com

WF attendance and noise

storange

2023 Cali Award Rushing Touchdowns
Dcuse and I have both agreed that the new roof seems to make the dome even louder, there is no way to validate that but the 20k bodies or so were very loud last Friday night. Wonder what other regulars thought.

WF attendance seems noticeably bigger to start in TM . It looks like maybe they have sections blocked off for family weekend and military appreciation. Plus it’s part of the 3 game pack. Hoping

Are we pumping in fake noise? It seemed like we were Friday night. I agree that the small crowds have been very engaged and loud though.

No, we have never done that and I’m pretty sure it’s not legal.

It’s not legal

Freeze accused us of it, what an idiot.

100% much louder in the dome, it echoes very well off the metal roof

We need to push people for the Wake game to be there. If we beat FSU this game easily could be for the Atlantic division championship.

Hope we get a 3:30 or 7pm time slot that Saturday but probably not judging by some of the other games that day…

Alabama/Texas A&M
Iowa/Penn State
Auburn/Ole Miss

Last edited:
It’s not legal

Freeze accused us of it, what an idiot.

100% much louder in the dome, it echoes very well off the metal roof

We need to push people for the Wake game to be there. If we beat FSU this game easily could be for the Coastal division championship.

Hope we get a 3:30 or 7pm time slot that Saturday.

What other games are on that day? Can we get game day????

If Willis doesn't fumble the ball at the end of the game, there'd be multiple posts calling for Dino to be fired immediately. Now, we are getting posts positing whether or not College Gameday would come to a Syracuse vs. Wake Forest game?

If Willis doesn't fumble the ball at the end of the game, there'd be multiple posts calling for Dino to be fired immediately. Now, we are getting posts positing whether or not College Gameday would come to a Syracuse vs. Wake Forest game?

If you look I’ve already edited it because the games on that day…

However, if we were 4-1 going into the game with Wake and they were undefeated the game literally could be a MASSIVE game and would be for the Atlantic Division championship and the winner would potentially walk right into the ACC championship game

Last edited:
Dcuse and I have both agreed that the new roof seems to make the dome even louder, there is no way to validate that but the 20k bodies or so were very loud last Friday night. Wonder what other regulars thought.

WF attendance seems noticeably bigger to start in TM . It looks like maybe they have sections blocked off for family weekend and military appreciation. Plus it’s part of the 3 game pack. Hoping
Could it be that the small number of fans in the upper deck creates a reverberation between the metal roof and the concrete stands?
And, of course, the fans who show up in these small numbers are the most rabid.

What if it works for Rutgers the other way. I can answer though, no it’s not

I thought he did but now I can’t seem to find it anywhere

maybe I’m making it up LOL
Damn now I have to delete droll comment .

However, if we were 4-1 going into the game with Wake and they were undefeated the game literally could be a MASSIVE game and would be for the Coastal Division championship and the winner would potentially walk right into the ACC championship game

A) Both Syracuse and Wake play in the Atlantic Division
B) You're think our game against Wake will determine the Atlantic Division champion when we've played literally ZERO conference games yet?

However, if we were 4-1 going into the game with Wake and they were undefeated the game literally could be a MASSIVE game and would be for the Coastal Division championship and the winner would potentially walk right into the ACC championship game

I think that even if we were both undefeated and there weren't any other really interesting games of note on that day, Gameday still wouldn't even sniff it.

A) Both Syracuse and Wake play in the Atlantic Division
B) You're think our game against Wake will determine the Atlantic Division champion when we've played literally ZERO conference games yet?

Not sure why I kept saying coastal. My apologies.

And yes, actually I do. With Clemson losing to NC State I think it makes it possible that this game could launch the team that will win the Atlantic Division

I think that even if we were both undefeated and there weren't any other really interesting games of note on that day, Gameday still wouldn't even sniff it.

I think if they were 5-0 and we were 4-1 I think there’s a small chance.

An opportunity to show off the new dome, I think it’s something ESPN would be interested in.

However, there are far too many better games that day. The slate just is too strong that day

No - the sideline reporter said it coming out of half after her interview with Hugh I think

Thank you, thought I heard it at some point but couldn’t remember where it was

During the Liberty game, the commentators kept talking about how raucous the dome was. Looking at how many empty seats there were, I just thought they were over playing it. However, based on what many here are saying, I guess they were right. VERY impressive for only 20k. Man, I get boosebumps just thinking about the home field advantage we would have if we could fill it up.

i had to listen to the Rutger’s broadcast for the Syracuse Rutgers game. During the game, the broadcaster were talking about a Rutger,s assistant back in the BE days fount the outlet for the pumped in noise.. The assistant unplugged the cord in the first half. He then went on to say someone plugged it back in the second half; and these idiots believe this garbage.

i had to listen to the Rutger’s broadcast for the Syracuse Rutgers game. During the game, the broadcaster were talking about a Rutger,s assistant back in the BE days fount the outlet for the pumped in noise.. The assistant unplugged the cord in the first half. He then went on to say someone plugged it back in the second half; and these idiots believe this garbage.

LOL like a complex audio system pumping in crowd noise would just be plugged into a power strip somewhere in the Dome? Conspiracy theorists are so freaking dumb.

Not sure why I kept saying coastal. My apologies.

And yes, actually I do. With Clemson losing to NC State I think it makes it possible that this game could launch the team that will win the Atlantic Division

I appreciate your optimism. I think BC, NC State, and Louisville would have something to say about it though.

I do think we finish bowl eligible at 3rd or 4th in the Atlantic though. There will be a few teams bunched up together with 3-4 conference losses. The Atlantic this year is a lot like the Coastal has been for a while.

I appreciate your optimism. I think BC, NC State, and Louisville would have something to say about it though.

I do think we finish bowl eligible at 3rd or 4th in the Atlantic though. There will be a few teams bunched up together with 3-4 conference losses. The Atlantic this year is a lot like the Coastal has been for a while.

I just wanna hype people up so we can have 30k+ in the dome