WFAN announces Francesa replacement | Syracusefan.com

WFAN announces Francesa replacement

Alsacs

Living Legend
Chris Carlson
Maggie Gray
Bart Scott

Wow this is going to be a train wreck.
I can’t see the KaiserUEO of the world listening to this 3 some.

Mike Francesa has to be cackling and laughing at this lineup.

Chris Carlin is ok as he is a legit radio guy. Former producer of Mike and the Mad Dog. Hosted Loudmouths on SNY and is the voice of Rutgers sports. He has NY roots and knows the history of sports in NYC so they are fine there.

The other 2 are a trainwreck and will kill the show. Sounds like they wanted Kim Jones and Chris Simms who would have been great on the show but both turned it down (and smartly so.) You NEVER want to replace "the guy" you want to replace the guy who replaced "the guy."

That show will be awful, has no NY feel to it and will bomb within the first two rating books. And then they will revamp that show and find new hosts. Carlin will stick but Bart Scott and Maggie Gray have no shot to succeed in that slot in NYC.

Chris Carlin is ok as he is a legit radio guy. Former producer of Mike and the Mad Dog. Hosted Loudmouths on SNY and is the voice of Rutgers sports. He has NY roots and knows the history of sports in NYC so they are fine there.

The other 2 are a trainwreck and will kill the show. Sounds like they wanted Kim Jones and Chris Simms who would have been great on the show but both turned it down (and smartly so.) You NEVER want to replace "the guy" you want to replace the guy who replaced "the guy."

That show will be awful, has no NY feel to it and will bomb within the first two rating books. And then they will revamp that show and find new hosts. Carlin will stick but Bart Scott and Maggie Gray have no shot to succeed in that slot in NYC.
Kim Jones is miles better than Gray.
She is good.

Scott talking Sox-Yankees in June will be must listen train wreck.

These picks are definitely WFAN trying to win twitter applause from the Peter King/Richard Deitsch of the world.

Jones and Simms were smart.

She is good.

These picks are definitely WFAN trying to win twitter applause from the Peter King/Richard Deitsch of the world.

Bart Scott was FIRED from CBS. He was on ESPN Radio NY and that station stinks. Yet WFAN hired him to put him in their biggest time slot on the station. Makes no sense! WFAN went from the premier sports radio station in NYC and the country to just being another radio station.

I will give WFAN a small break on this one aspect...it does sound like the Carlin/Scott/Gray team was like their last choice. They did offer the spot to people like Kim Jones, Adam Schein, Max Kellerman, Chris Simms and others. They all said no, so the well was getting dry. But just because everyone says no doesn't mean you still make a bad hire. You keep trying to find the right people. WFAN didn't so that's on them but it does sound like they wanted other bigger names, better names but were turned down.

She is good.

She is good.

Deitsch is the biggest pander in sports media.
Now he is right on some but damn is he outside what the common fan thinks.
Gray and Scott are going to bomb IMO.

Chris Carlson
Maggie Gray
Bart Scott

Wow this is going to be a train wreck.
I can’t see the KaiserUEO of the world listening to this 3 some.

Mike Francesa has to be cackling and laughing at this lineup.
Yeah, this hit the paper, I think on Monday, and everyone went...whaaaaat??!!!

Dog was spot on, 1st I heard that.

Giannotti with Boomer makes sense; the water was a little too deep for Recco.

Evan and Joe for 3 more years plus an extra hour, also makes a ton of sense.

I can even be convinced Carlin should be there, but not with Gray...who I don’t know...and Scott who I know, but don’t know.

Tough listening ahead.

TMK, while no longer God Awful, isn’t a real good listen.

Don’t know what They offered Kim Jones, but to miss out on the real Miss Yankee (uhh, yea Suzyn, it’s not you) who also has incredible NFL cache...is a travesty.

Chris Simms, I also like. But I think he’d get too much backlash as Phil’s boy who’s NFL career wasn’t long enough. He needs to do more than just spot fill in, like take Evan’s Saturday’s and be a regular guest for an hour or so on someone’s show.

If this train wreck gets cleared in a year or so...give me Evan, Kim and Simms for the afternoon drive and move Carlin to the middays with whomever after Joe retires.

Bart Scott is just comical.

I don't think this will end well. But replacing Mike is basically impossible.

Thats the best they could come up with, Carlin is a trainwreck, his voice is cringe worthy. Bart Scott is blah, if you wanted an athlete, how about Willie Colon, does a great job on sny, know his other sports besides football, haven't heard Gray much, but Kim Jones is better.